Accessing the forum on a tablet

Started by Newportnobby, September 30, 2019, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

've been trying to persuade my mate to join the forum but he and his wife are none too hot on how to use it. If I get him to use the NGF website address is there any special setting he would need for a tablet please? This will be the blind leading the blind :dunce:

njee20

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

jpendle

There isn't a 'special' setting. But on all the all the tablets/phones I've used you need to click on "Use Desktop Settings" to get the best experience.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

exmouthcraig

It's amazing I view and do everything on the forum on my phone, I cant get on with the mobile site, the desktop version is fantastic in comparison, according to me, whose not yet past the slate and nail technology even though I'm trying to build a dcc layout  :hmmm:

Intercity

I agree that on a tablet it's best to use desktop version, it still allows you to do all the same things as on a desktop computer, the only thing I find is when I return to the forum tab (after being away from my device) it defaults to mobile view, tapping the refresh button on the browser bar updates it back to desktop.

I use an iPad Pro and an iPhone 7plus and both do the same.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on September 30, 2019, 05:52:54 PM
if you want desktop view you click the desktop button :)

and being a thicko myself, that button is where please? :dunce:

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bealman

I voiced this to Paul before, but I hate the nice red pages, and my phone and tablet have a habit of turning red quite often.

I find this very annoying.

Ok, it's an easy fix, but having to revert it to desktop view constantly is a bloody nuisance.

Rant over.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

What sort of tablet are you on Mick?

:goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

Phew!  I thought that there was a problem with this!!!  :D  Glad to hear that there isn't a problem, and that members are happy with the mobile version. :thumbsup:

Bealman

Not this one, boss, sorry!  ;)

I get the impression from the above posts that other members switch it over to the desktop version, too.

However, both versions work fine.

I just prefer the normal version, and get a bit peed off when my device decides it'll show me the red version.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Only Me has already explained that one mate......  Your browser or cookies are basically forgetting that you've selected the Desktop version (perhaps you're taking a long time to read a page?!  :D ) and so it resets and you have to click the button at the top again.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations