What a day

Started by Alex, January 03, 2012, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnick

Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2012, 10:03:53 PM

Hi Mark - ta muchly for the link but the door they sell states pin hinges not included. As I still have the door I would be better off trying to get some sprung pin hinges (save me a repaint too). Thanks again :thumbsup:

Who's Mark    ???  ::)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Try this hardware link   possibly then  Nobby   for hinges  :D

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/Search?txtSearch=sprung%20pin%20hinges&intsearchType=1

steamerdave

Quote from: Sprintex on January 03, 2012, 06:57:02 PM
Not been quite as bad down here, but still no fun when you have to drive an HGV around all day  :o

Paul
Like you I occasionaly drive one of these and was planned to pop over to Calais early this morning for a trailer swap with a Belgian guy, was going well until I tried to get back home, P&O were running at least an hour behind schedule then while bobbing about on the channel there were plates smashing on the floor along with mugs and glasses. Over the tannoy they then tell us that the Port of Dover was closed so we had to bounce about for another 45 minutes until they would let the ferries back in, after that it was another hour queuing on the M25 for the Dartford Tunnel, all in all its taken twice as long to do this run today, still more overtime means more cash for trains (or is it road tax or some other bill)
Same again early Thursday morning lets hope the weather has improved by then as I volunteered for this instead of sitting in a warm dry office.

Dave

Newportnobby

Quote from: upnick on January 03, 2012, 10:11:56 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2012, 10:03:53 PM

Hi Mark - ta muchly for the link but the door they sell states pin hinges not included. As I still have the door I would be better off trying to get some sprung pin hinges (save me a repaint too). Thanks again :thumbsup:

Who's Mark    ???  ::)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Try this hardware link   possibly then  Nobby   for hinges  :D

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/Search?txtSearch=sprung%20pin%20hinges&intsearchType=1

Oops! Really sorry, Nick. Long day yesterday :( Thanks for the link (again) :thumbsup:

poliss

Now today we're 'blowin in the wind'. Lampshades swaying, doors swinging open and closed. I feel quite seasick.  :-X

Cimmerian

Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2012, 09:30:33 PM
My gas meter cupboard door was blown off with both lugs snapped off top and bottom. Luckily it didn't rain into it (dunno whether there's anything can short in there). I have placed it back and shoved a heavy wheelybin in front of it, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement door?

I sell them!! But as I may be a little far away to travel just for a door you could try any local builder merchant, they're fairly standard.
Regards, Ken

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations