The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

>:( >:( 100% terminaly dead laptop from Friday till Monday when it heard that I had just scraped enough pennies together to buy a new one and commited to buy it so what does it do?........................
Springs back into life just after the last chance to cancel the new one had passed  ::) I`m fuming
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

EtchedPixels

Quote from: jonclox on November 29, 2011, 08:50:12 PM
>:( >:( 100% terminaly dead laptop from Friday till Monday when it heard that I had just scraped enough pennies together to buy a new one and commited to buy it so what does it do?........................
Springs back into life just after the last chance to cancel the new one had passed  ::) I`m fuming

Did you take the battery out and leave it for a bit ? That's something that is often worth doing with a laptop that completely goes kersplat. The other thing is killing the CMOS config - but on most laptops that involves screwdrivers, youtube videos and much swearing.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

jonclox

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 29, 2011, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: jonclox on November 29, 2011, 08:50:12 PM

Did you take the battery out and leave it for a bit ? That's something that is often worth doing with a laptop that completely goes kersplat. The other thing is killing the CMOS config - but on most laptops that involves screwdrivers, youtube videos and much swearing.

Thanks :thumbsup: The thing  was left 'on' after much swearing etc. at the deceased thing and so ran down.
I guess that may have done the same as removing the battery for 48 hrs.  Over the years Ive reflashed the CMOS on many desktop PCs so that was on the agenda for 'Things to do' if Iever got any life/reaction from the deceased

Over the years
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

grumbeast

Well...

Not posted for a while as we've been having an interesting time with the houses electrics...

The only thing we didn't get before buying was an electrical certificate and what a mistake that was.

Seems that the previous owners either did the work themselves, or had a real cowboy do it... We had a short which didn't trip the box (as it was wired entirely incorrectly) and because of there being no real earthing, then electrified the whole water system.. There was 240v running throughout taps giving us shocks!!  I have a 4 yr old so we really dodged a bullet.. Scared the blazes out of the missus and I .  So we've just spend a huge chunk on reputable electricians and have a safe house again. Whew....  On the plus side my garage with the railway now has a good supply, it's own trips and infinitely better lighting.

So I'd liketo get my hands around the throat of the lazy incompetent ********* who Pretended to know what he was doing and put my daughters life at risk..  Normal n scale posts should recommence soon

Graham

Graham

Tank

Wowsers!   :o  That's terrible!!!!  It can be quite scary what other people do.  In my house there were a few things that were quite dangerous and against regulations.  The worst thing was where they had put the hall light switch in the hall (as it was in the lounge for some reason), but they had just snipped the cable, and left it live in the box in the wall.  Luckily I have a 240v tester, and it beeped before I touched it.  Never would have dreamt it was live!

4x2

My dads car was attacked by youths last night, for no reason other than just for a laugh.... Luckily i heard the first kick on my car (good old solid audi - no damage) and looked out the window just as the wing mirror on my dad's car was kicked - I bolted out the front door to confront them and was met with verbal abuse and threats of violence, undeterd i had my 10 pence worth, as they walked up the road I phoned the police and they were there in 6 minutes ! I then spent an hour filing in forms and describing what happened.

They have been arrested, just waiting for more info....

That was my saturday night ruined because some lowlife get's his 'kicks' damaging peoples cars for laugh...  >:( >:( >:(
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Tank

At least you caught them.  It's so sad when people do this to others.

findus

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on December 04, 2011, 11:33:46 AM
My dads car was attacked by youths last night, for no reason other than just for a laugh.... Luckily i heard the first kick on my car (good old solid audi - no damage) and looked out the window just as the wing mirror on my dad's car was kicked - I bolted out the front door to confront them and was met with verbal abuse and threats of violence, undeterd i had my 10 pence worth, as they walked up the road I phoned the police and they were there in 6 minutes ! I then spent an hour filing in forms and describing what happened.

They have been arrested, just waiting for more info....

That was my saturday night ruined because some lowlife get's his 'kicks' damaging peoples cars for laugh...  >:( >:( >:(

That is terrible but a normal thing to happen in most towns now. its hard to try and stay away but sometimes is best as you hear gangs attack back and end up putting people in hospital or much worse.
im glad you are ok and not in this case hurt!

4x2

To be honest i wanted to knock their lights out... >:(  But that would make me as bad as them, so i just sucked it up (the rage that is...) and called the police. I'm sure they'll get away with it, but enough was enough i had to do something - i refuse to be walked over in my own street !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Newportnobby

Seems to me that Corrie has finished and there's bugger all else on, so everyone and their brother has fired up their computers - makes mine soooo slooowww :thumbsdown:

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on December 05, 2011, 09:11:25 PM
Seems to me that Corrie has finished and there's bugger all else on, so everyone and their brother has fired up their computers - makes mine soooo slooowww :thumbsdown:
I going downstairs to get a hot choc, some bickies and my family guy dvd - you can have my space for a bit !

Mike

Mustermark

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on December 05, 2011, 09:15:15 PM
I going downstairs to get a hot choc, some bickies and my family guy dvd - you can have my space for a bit !

:smiley-laughing:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

scotsoft

Did you not know there was a prog on BBC4 about trams and very good it was as well  :thumbsup:

p.s. I am an only child so you can't blame my brother  :'(

Oldman

Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2011, 10:45:03 PM
Did you not know there was a prog on BBC4 about trams and very good it was as well  :thumbsup:
Didn't know about that  >:( would have watched it if I had been told it was on .
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

scotsoft

Quote from: Oldman on December 05, 2011, 10:59:04 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2011, 10:45:03 PM
Didn't know about that  >:( would have watched it if I had been told it was on .

It is repeated later on at 12-30am till 1-30am if that's not past your bedtime  ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations