N Brass Colour Light Signals - A Question.

Started by chrispearce, October 04, 2019, 12:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispearce

Quote from: crewearpley40 on October 04, 2019, 03:35:59 PM
yes agree but i converted and downsized to n gauge after a house move and i was young and saw potential in N

The D-I-Y signal I described was something I saw in a book someone gave me. It did look OK but after being lit for a few minutes the bulbs got hot (of course) and caused the masking tape to smoke and melt. No future there then!
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

crewearpley40

good luck with finding the right signal for you then and hope the links helped

njee20

Heathcote just sell the CR Signals, same products. N Brass are designed to be cosmetic only, but they sell bits to make them working. You need to source your own tube IIRC because they come with a piece of wire instead (ie nowhere to run the wires).

If you're good with brass kits then the N Brass ones are closer to scale, but you have to roll the hoods up out of a flat sheet, which is really really small. Personally I'm just not good enough for that! CR Signals use a pre-formed plastic head.

I have 3D printed a Unipart Dorman 4-aspect LED signal head, but done nothing with it at the moment! It has recesses for LEDs though.

Untitled by njee20, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations