Christmas Layout on an A3 Notice Board

Started by NeMo, December 03, 2016, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

I'm certainly not the only one building micro-layouts round here, but I couldn't resist trying my hand at such a layout while also getting into the Christmas spirit! It's built on an A3 board picked up from Wilkinson's for a couple of quid, as well as various bits of leftover scenic materials from other layouts.

The wooden pilings around the edges are by patent-pending coffee stirrer planks, plus some Woodland Scenics materials for the water and the trees. Sparkly snows was picked up from eBay, while various Noch figures were used for deer on the mountains, ice skaters on the pond, and children playing around a snowman.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Bachmann Farish 03 runs around such tight curves! The Dapol Terrier barely manages. Peco 'Conflat' kits were decoupaged into Christmas presents.

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

austinbob

I can't see him but I assume Santa is driving!!  :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

NeMo

Quote from: austinbob on December 03, 2016, 01:51:21 PM
I can't see him but I assume Santa is driving!!  :)

Quite possibly! Thanks to Fox Transfers there's a lovely N-gauge headboard reading "Santa Special" with a little sleight on top. There's all sorts, including a robin one and a Rudolph one!

http://fox-transfers.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=festive

Cheers, NeMo

port perran

Lovely.
How about replacing those wrapped containers with sweets?
Great fun though and thanks for sharing.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Just woke up to this, and that is really excellent, NeMo. Really cool - literally!   :thumbsup:

The frozen pond looks so realistic! I'm also impressed by the icicles. Any chance of a "How I did it" post?

Certainly a bit different to the weather we're getting here at the moment!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

I have just shown this to SWMBO , her response was "That's clever". I have to agree with her and add, 'excellent modelling'.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Webbo

Looks like a fun thing to do. I especially like the scene with the skaters on the pond.

Webbo

D1042 Western Princess

Well done NeMo. Lovely bit of work, but how would you fit a Western and 8 or 10 Mk1s onto it?  :confused1:

Without that it just doesn't count in my world...I still liked it though.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

NeMo

Please to report this project just won me a tenner at the Berkhamsted Arts & Crafts monthly competition. Mostly the submissions are pictures and cards and such, but I thought I'd submit this as something Christmassy!

Cheers, NeMo

D1042 Western Princess

port perran

Quote from: NeMo on December 05, 2016, 07:49:20 PM
Please to report this project just won me a tenner at the Berkhamsted Arts & Crafts monthly competition. Mostly the submissions are pictures and cards and such, but I thought I'd submit this as something Christmassy!

Cheers, NeMo
Well done that man  :beers:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mito

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

GroupC

Great work, looks brilliant. Would rather spend all of Christmas watching trains go round on it, than enduring all of the rubbish that's almost certainly going to be on telly.

D1042 Western Princess

At this risk of getting banned from the Forum why describe it as an A3? OK, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I am no expert on other than BR WR Hydraulic locomotives but even I can see that is an 03, NOT an LNER A3!  ;)
And, er, shouldn't it have a brake van on the rear?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations