Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Wow

Ok so I haven't been able to do much modelling of late, but after yesterday that hardly matters.

Mrs Skyline and I visited our local midwife department and I am very happy to say 12 weeks scan looks good.

That's right, there is a mini-Skyline on the horizon  :D

Little so and so has chosen a manic month to arrive (less than two weeks from my sister in laws wedding) but then again, when is "the ideal" time?!

Skyline2uk

javlinfaw7

Chris in Prague

RailGooner

daffy

Congratulations! :greatwork:       ;).         :D

Now, the burning question on everybody's mind: what layout are you going to make for the latent offspring? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: daffy on May 28, 2018, 04:55:55 PM
Congratulations! :greatwork:       ;).         :D

Now, the burning question on everybody's mind: what layout are you going to make for the latent offspring? :hmmm:

Ohhhh I have plans. Have you seen some of the brilliant toys trains available these days? Now I have an excuse to actually go IN to a toy shop again, not just wish I could  :D

Thanks for all the congrats everyone btw

Skyline2uk

REGP

Caz

Hearty congratulations on the expected new addition to the Skyline household.   :beers:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

TrevL

Yes, congratulations from me too, :claphappy: now the expence begins :'(. 
And once they leave home, you become bank of Mum & Dad. :(
It never stops, but I wouldn't change a thing :no:. :bounce:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

dannyboy

Congratulations to you both.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

If this is your first and you haven't been through it before, then get every minute of sleep that you can between now and March, 'cos you'll be staggering round in a Zombie state after that!

We have three.

The first woke every 1-1/2 hours at first, stretching bit by bit over 7 weeks to every 4 hours - the killer was that he was awake and complaining every single night from midnight to 2:30 :( After 7 weeks, he suddenly slept through!

The second was better at every 2-1/2 hours, stretching to 4 eventually. But he didn't sleep through for 7 months.

The third was similar, but he didn't sleep through for 2 years :(

They are now 14-1/2, 12-1/2 and 10 and I am still sleep deprived! Even tonight, I wanted a few hours to myself before bed, but the eldest is taking two GCSEs (English Language and Latin) next week, a year early; is stressed; and wanted to talk about it well after he should have gone to bed!

The rewards are worth it though.

As to arriving at a bad time: Our first was born on our first wedding anniversary, so we've not been able to go out on the day to celebrate as a couple since we were married! The second was 4 days late, otherwise he'd have arrived on my 40th birthday. If my wife had not hung on while in labour (she was due to have a section and they assembled the team as soon as she went in), the third would have been born on St. Valentine's day!

For the full set, my wife's birthday is Christmas Eve, my sister's in on 9/11, my mother's is on 5th November, my grandma's was on Christmas day, my aunt's is on Boxing day - and there are a few more!

daveg

My dear old Ma said about having kids that the first 45 years were the worst!  ;)

All the best and congrats to all those just starting or enjoying an established family.

Dave G

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Delboy

Congratulations to you both on the wonderful news.
Take heed of what has already been said.
Now all your challenges start!! :)

We are at the stage where we have our grand kids for a few days, give them back and are able to go and lie down in a darkened room.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations