Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

May the dyne be with you.

And your dog. Or cat. Or whatever.

:)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

MalcolmInN

Dunno about cats but , , good british hedgehogs dyne on grams of Slugs. Otherwise its for the birds.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Trainfish on October 19, 2018, 10:51:07 PM
that there are still people around who actually USED them. And even more surprisingly they remember using them too  :goggleeyes:
I realise that this is in jest and is in the happy thread , ,  ,

but I am wondering if it would surprise peeps to know that there are some on the forum* that remember being carried to their holiday destinations by post-grouping companies ! Yep! in my case I was carried by LNER. Mind you,,, I was too young to realise the distinction betwix LNER and LMS (at the time) and it was not until a few years later, after BR , that I became a fully acredited spotter :)

* and I know that I am not the oldest member present on the forum !

>>> Goes looking for the nostalgia and rose-tinted section of the forum >>>>

Tom U

Quote from: MalcolmInN on October 20, 2018, 02:16:20 PM
Dunno about cats but , , good british hedgehogs dyne on grams of Slugs. Otherwise its for the birds.

No, for the birds, it is a peck.

MalcolmInN

talisman56

Quote from: Tom U on October 21, 2018, 07:08:00 AM

...on their perch... :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

cycletrak9

Quote from: talisman56 on October 21, 2018, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: Tom U on October 21, 2018, 07:08:00 AM

...on their perch... :)
pole or rod.

Anyway I thought that "dyne" was the posh opposite to "up"

joe cassidy

I still remember the TV jingles to promote decimal currency :

"Use your old coppers in sixpenny lots, give more get change, do what you've always done, Use your old coppers in sixpenny lots, give more get change, do what you've always done, ad nauseum".

Best regards,

Joe

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 21, 2018, 07:13:33 PM
I still remember the TV jingles to promote decimal currency :

"Use your old coppers in sixpenny lots, give more get change, do what you've always done, Use your old coppers in sixpenny lots, give more get change, do what you've always done, ad nauseum".

Best regards,

Joe

When they phased out the "sixpence" it was the same day they phased out the 1/2 penny.    Some evil genius at a Booking Office in London that serves destinations Eastwards decided that it would be a good laugh to retain all sixpenny pieces and 1/2 pences so as on the final evening they would give them out in change...  I was only obeying orders.   The same applied on the last day of validity of £1 notes....   
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

dannyboy

As I have mentioned once or twice on the forum, I have decided to retire fully at the end of the year. I have just been talking to the H.R. Manager about the requirement for over 65's to be certified by a Doctor as being fit to work. He agreed that in my case it would not be necessary to renew my certificate of fitness  :thumbsup:. (I did not fancy paying €40 to be allowed to work a few days  :no:). He has also agreed that, due to having holidays still to take, I now have just ten shifts to work before I retire.   :claphappy:. Wonder what I will do with all my spare time?  (Apart from cooking/cleaning/gardening) ???.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

You won't regret it.
I'll have been retired a whole year come Nov 2nd and I've no idea where the time has gone.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Congratulations (I think)!!

I went through a period of euphoria in my first year of retirement, but ended up going back to work on and off for another 5 years!

Congrats again, and get some railway modelling done!  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on October 24, 2018, 09:52:35 AM
and get some railway modelling done!

"railway modelling", what's that?  ???. Oh you mean the pieces of track, plywood, paint, plaster, glue etc in what SWMBO calls the 'train room'. Yes, I think I might find some time.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Quote from: dannyboy on October 24, 2018, 09:43:44 AM
Wonder what I will do with all my spare time? 

This is an easy question to answer.  You probably won't have any spare time.

The pressures of retirement is an interesting concept.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Hailstone

I have been retired nearly 5 years now and the time has gone in a flash! of course it helps to have a few interests other than model railways, like working on full size traction engines, or even railway locos like the one I was working on yesterday

I am also active in the Royal British Legion, so my problem is how to fit it all in and still go places with SWMBO!

Regards,

Alex

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations