Era 5/6 TPO

Started by Alan Kyte, June 18, 2020, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Kyte

Hi all,

Has anyone ever produced a TPO consist for the above era, searching is rather fruitless so far, location not specific but WCML would be the nearest to my layout.

Ta

Alan
Returnee to Model Railways after 38 years, last time I was 10 and OO Gauge, now 48 and N gauge.

guest311

would this be blue/grey ?

Alan Kyte

Quote from: class37025 on June 18, 2020, 10:13:46 PM
would this be blue/grey ?

I think maroon, although all the pictures I find are in B&W.. I remember on my OO set in the 80s I had the TPO that used to collect parcels off the hook as it passed... I'm going to guess such joys don't exist in our gauge,,?
Returnee to Model Railways after 38 years, last time I was 10 and OO Gauge, now 48 and N gauge.

tunneroner61

The Bachmann era 5 and 6 covers 1957 to 1971, so you could be looking at Royal Mail and blue/grey.

Both original Graham Farish and Bachmann Farish have produced Royal Mail coaches - see the excellent N Gauge Resource for more details. http://www.ngauge.org.uk/index.php

guest311

if you are looking for these in blue / grey I have a few too many  :-[

if you are interested, at not silly / greedy money PM me.

crewearpley40

I only posted for the pic. The price was staggering, so a think maybe necessary for a cheaper one. Did think if a certain bidding site had any but wont look alan at 2336. Hope Alan k finds suitable ones

Alan Kyte

Yeah that price is steep.. TMC has it has era 7... Might be pushing it a little for me.. would prefer a style that matches my maroon mk1s but does such thing exist?..

Rma

Does anyone have a guide or examples of what RTR stock the red Farish TPO /should/ run with? Thanks

crewearpley40

Many. Hi this may provide clues. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44975-tpo-and-parcel-trains/   I have mk1 Gangwayed brake  ,CCT, GUV, others may have an ex GW siphon.

Rma

Quote from: crewearpley40 on June 19, 2020, 08:36:00 AM
Many. Hi this may provide clues. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44975-tpo-and-parcel-trains/   I have mk1 Gangwayed brake  ,CCT, GUV, others may have an ex GW siphon.

Great link and thanks for the advice - cheers

njee20

Quote from: AlanK on June 19, 2020, 12:32:06 AM
Yeah that price is steep.. TMC has it has era 7... Might be pushing it a little for me.. would prefer a style that matches my maroon mk1s but does such thing exist?..

What's wrong with the first one linked to?

Era 5/6, and maroon...?

Alan Kyte

Quote from: njee20 on June 19, 2020, 08:45:30 AM
Quote from: AlanK on June 19, 2020, 12:32:06 AM

What's wrong with the first one linked to?

Era 5/6, and maroon...?

Oh I missed that one... Great perfect...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations