Minitrix Warship Collection

Started by Humby, February 19, 2014, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humby

Hi All,

I've been collecting all the different Minitrix warships over the last few years, and with the exception of D838 Rapid in Maroon (there was one on eBay last year but it went for over £100) I now have all the ones listed in Ramsey's guide. This has now thrown up a question regarding the Green with Yellow ends models. The examples listed in the guide are D805,D815,D816 and D866 of these I have two versions of D805 and D816 one with red backed nameplates and one with black. These are not listed individually in Ramsey's so my question is does anyone know if the models of the other two D815 and D866 were ever released with the differing nameplate colours as well?

I've also just found a Blue Hermes with a different nameplate font to any of the others Ive seen before, the font on this matches all the other releases I have i.e. Great Western style, the usual Hermes that seems to be widely available has a standard capital font.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on the above

Regards

Marc

AJB

I recently purchased a Minitrix Warship from the U States named 'Zebra'.
As I have never seen this loco before, can any one enlighten me on when this loco was produced and in what quantity and for which market UK/US?

Geoff

Quote from: AJB on March 08, 2015, 10:44:11 AM
I recently purchased a Minitrix Warship from the U States named 'Zebra'.
As I have never seen this loco before, can any one enlighten me on when this loco was produced and in what quantity and for which market UK/US?

There is plenty of info here on the actual Class 42 and Zebra is listed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_42

As for the minitrix models that I do not know.
Geoff

BramptonBranch

Zebra in maroon on Ebay £72 with ages to go!!
You can never have to many Warships!

ntpntpntp

Quote from: BramptonBranch on December 05, 2018, 06:01:37 PM
Zebra in maroon on Ebay £72 with ages to go!!
Those yellow ends look like they've had a repaint (not particularly well)

I had a maroon Zebra, still regret selling it in the early 80s.  I have a couple of blurry old photos from the 70s which show it, and yes it did have full yellow ends.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dr Al

Quote from: Humby on February 19, 2014, 09:30:15 AM
These are not listed individually in Ramsey's

Ramsey's is riddled with errors in the Farish section, so I wouldn't assume anything in it is gospel!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations