Forth Rail Bridge

Started by samoyd, January 08, 2014, 12:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samoyd

Hello guys,
                 I think I started something here but it is great  the positive answers I have had and has gave me
an insight into scaling so I have learned something.
It has been a great response to the old bridge also the lovely photo of the steamy going across,what year was it taken?
I have collected all the ideas up and am working things out.
                Once again thank you for the great response keep them coming
                                                          Ken

Oldun

That one was taken on March 17, 2012 .

Have a look at this:

http://www.pgassociates.co.uk/images/newsimages/n_east/12/Forth%20Bridge.jpg
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

mr bachmann

go ahead and make your model - you can use modelers licence , make it to scale but under size - if it looks like what its supost to represent thats all that counts .....

on the other hand if your a rivet counter ...........  :P ::) :-\

alan

edwin_m

Quote from: mr bachmann on January 10, 2014, 07:57:06 PM

6.5 million according to Wikipedia. 

Agrippa

Quote from: mr bachmann on January 10, 2014, 07:57:06 PM

alan

That's an obscene phrase on this forum !  :o

By the way if you go to N Queensferry there's a maintenance depot
under the bridge and if you ignore the keep out signs when there 's no-one there you can get great pix from below into the innards of the bridge. Best shots are probably from the road bridge especially if a ship is passing under.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MattJ

Even if you manage to build it it's going to be a chore to paint... and paint... and paint... and paint... and once you're done... to paint... and paint... and paint... and paint...  ;)
They're there for their tea.

DCCDave

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 10, 2014, 05:34:00 PM
Postscript :  Before every forum member who lives in Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Pontypridd etc attacks me - I live in Wales (despite being English to the core)!!

In that case you aught to be aware it's in Scotland :)

samoyd

Hi Alan I was thinking along those lines to I am like you as long as it does not look out of place and made good it should be alright.I was thinking of making up photo back grounds enlarged  up to different sizes to begin with,with a loco running alongside just to see how close I can get to the scale
                                          Thanks for the input.
                                                                                    ken

ParkeNd

Quote from: DCCDave on January 10, 2014, 11:03:39 PM
Quote from: ParkeNd on January 10, 2014, 05:34:00 PM
Postscript :  Before every forum member who lives in Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Pontypridd etc attacks me - I live in Wales (despite being English to the core)!!

In that case you aught to be aware it's in Scotland :)

The 3.5 mile long Severn Bridge I was writing about was still on the M4 between Bristol in England and Newport in South Wales last Sunday when I went to Cribbs Causeway. When did they move it?

Does this mean that this Sunday we will have to go through Gloucester to get over the Severn and then drive down the M5 instead?  That's a long way round. Damn!!

DCCDave

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 10, 2014, 11:50:05 PM
Does this mean that this Sunday we will have to go through Gloucester to get over the Severn and then drive down the M5 instead?  That's a long way round. Damn!!

Hop over to Ireland first, I think you'll find it faster.

Good grief, will my locos ever find their way out of the fiddle yard?

weave

Hi,

Might help a little or not. Just got up but will look further.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8493631.stm

Would be a great project for a great structure.

Good luck weave

weave

This ones OO, only 6 foot long but looks impressive to me so would be even more so in god's scale

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/archive/firth-on-forth-meccano-bridge__o_t__t_10267.html

weave

Agrippa

I thought it was red !  Maybe a Hibs fan decided to give it a makeover.  :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

samoyd

Well Weave It is a fantastic model I bet if you were to put N gauge locos on it it be very close to the real thing.

Ken

mr bachmann

just wondering why you would need a forth rail bridge , when most of us are happy with one  :bounce:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations