Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGFTech

Thank you for your patience. I know its been a tough move, and even today I am still busy 'moving' / upgrading things in the background. The site is massive so its an ongoing work.

RailGooner

I always say that folk have unrealistic expectations of IT systems/services. Most folk would accept that if they booked a gearbox change for their car, they wouldn't be able to simultaneously driving it up the M1!

port perran

Thank you for all the hard work.
It's been frustrating (on and off) over the last few days but I'm sure that it'll all be worth it in the end.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Happy Bunny as of now so thanks for all the hard work 'behind the scenes' :thankyousign:

REGP

Jean - thanks for all your hard work In keeping most of the Forum working during the move.

Ray

Lawrence

Quote from: NGFTech on January 05, 2019, 11:21:03 AM
Thank you for your patience. I know its been a tough move, and even today I am still busy 'moving' / upgrading things in the background. The site is massive so its an ongoing work.

Hi Jean, you just keep doing what you're doing and it will all work out.  Communication is key so as long as Tank lets us all know what's going on it may help appease some.
As part of this upgrade process, am I right in thinking the N'porioum is still a work in progress, Add Auction only points to a test board and I was almost finished adding a lot when the screen just completely cleared.

NGFTech

Thank you good people but really the thanks should go to the boss, Tank as he is the one passionately investing in every way possible to make this the best online experience for you all.

My main concern is that everything is loading fast since yesterday evening into today. Once it is loading fast then that means we have isolated the cause and can work on it from there.

Roy L S

Just so that I don't keep trying to upload to the Gallery - is this function disabled? I have been trying to upload PDF images to my Gallery and I keep getting told it is an invalid file type or I don't have permission?

NGFTech

Tank will best say as I do not know what he has enabled / disabled.

Here's what is happening offline... the site has been using two galleries for uploads and we have been trying to merge it into one pro gallery but have been encountering issues during conversion which we are attempting to address in the background. I imagine when that is sorted then all will be functional.

Bealman

Yes, I am still unable to upload pictures to my gallery. I guess it's still being worked on?

Oops... you beat me to it and answered that question!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi,

Might have been answered before but as you're talking about posting pictures. The other week they would upload if the pics were made smaller. I have difficulty doing this as am a computer numpty so when it's sorted will it all go back to how it was ie picture size can be loaded as it took me about 2 years to master how to do it before?

Hope that makes sense. Anyway, thanks to all the tech people, Happy New Year and good luck with whatever you're doing.

Cheers weave  :beers: (BTW I can open wine bottles   :thumbsup: :D)

dannyboy

Quote from: weave on January 05, 2019, 09:23:25 PM
thanks to all the tech people, Happy New Year and good luck with whatever you're doing.

I agree wholeheartedly with what @weave has said. However, in my case I am not very good with wine bottles, but give me a good whisky bottle ...............  :).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Santa brought me a bottle of Teeling. :beers:

NGFTech

Ok folks, the boss has told me to gradually introduce the Alerts system again.

I will do that now but will only let it inform you of 1 thing at a time so we can see what kind of effect it has on the site.

If you start to see signs of things slowing down for you please post it here so I can look at it.

nookfield

Quote from: NGFTech on January 05, 2019, 10:57:11 PM
Ok folks, the boss has told me to gradually introduce the Alerts system again.

I will do that now but will only let it inform you of 1 thing at a time so we can see what kind of effect it has on the site.

If you start to see signs of things slowing down for you please post it here so I can look at it.

Already slower than it was earlier

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations