No Buying Month (May)

Started by StufromEGDL, May 02, 2013, 06:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul B

Not quite N gauge related, but I have booked on an airbrushing course in September - I want to be able to repaint my own loco's, rather than spending hundreds of pounds getting someone else to do it for me!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Pete Mc

Well,its been a couple of weeks now,but our club exhibited a oo gauge layout at the Mickleover Exhibition in Derby.I was one of the layout operators for the whole weekend and occasionally managed to get away from my duties on the layout to get the teas in.Whilst on my travels I got a chance to have a look round.It wasn't really my intention to buy anything but my weekend tally is as follows:

2 Metcalf bus garage kits,
2 medium sized engine sheds,labelled with EWS decals from Plus Daughter,
An AA retail/car repair workshop/building,also from Plus Daughter,
A Zimo MX648 sound decoder with class 24 sounds from Coastal DCC,
And finally,an ESU Loksound v4micro sound decoder with Legomanbiffo's class 47 sounds from DC Kits/DE Videos.

The bus garages are going to be kitbashed into a small chain and rope factory(don't ask,my rather daft sense of humour is running riot),the 2 engine sheds are going to be weathered and relabelled BREL,the AA will also be rebranded as well.

As for the sound decoders,well,the Zimo is now in its new home,a Farish/Modelzone Ltd edition RTC class 24 number 97201.Having completed the install yesterday,everytime I walk past the test track I can't resist starting it up.Its fantastic.It was a bit fiddly though,squeezing all the wires in to the bodyshell and the speaker in the tanks but its done and its superb.I think I might even get a blue one and do another to go with the RTC one.I have a green one to do for a mate at the club to do as well.

And the Loksound v4micro with Legomanbiffo's superb class 47 sounds is about to be started.I have my Farish class 47 numbered 47035 up on the ramps ready for stripdown,cleaning,alterations to the chassis to accept the speaker and decoder then reassembly.After the results of the class 24,the speaker is going in the tanks in this one too.

So,my conclusion,no buy month for me was an absolute non starter.Fortunately for me,I won't be going to anymore shows this month so the temptation to spend any more has diminished,just like the £250 I spent at Derby.

Next up,Wigan.So June won't be another no spend month either.

Oh well!

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Oldman

Oopps, just sucumbed to ordering something from Shapeways  :-\
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

I think I've been quite good this month as I've only bought 4 Peco wagons.
I've already given up on June as (a) we have the Wigan Show and (b) I'm still hoping the damned class 22 will land :veryangry:

Vanders

Well it may end up being "No buy month" for me: the Dapol Class 22, Grampus wagons and Farish Mk 2a's are all taking so long it'll be June before my pre-orders are processed...

It could be worse though: the Dapol Westerns are going to take even longer. I hope.

Jack

Quote from: Vanders on May 25, 2013, 02:02:42 AM
Well it may end up being "No buy month" for me: the Dapol Class 22, Grampus wagons and Farish Mk 2a's are all taking so long it'll be June before my pre-orders are processed...

It could be worse though: the Dapol Westerns are going to take even longer. I hope.

I don't think you'll have long to wait for Dapol's 22's and Westerns, both have reviews in June's Model Rail.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Alex

I almost survived the month but......payday arrived and I've ran out of wagons....parcel arrived from Hattons this morning..... ::)

Pengi

I failed miserably - bought a Desiro and another Voyager but then I'd not bought any trains since last Dec.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

James C

I was hoping May would have been full of trainy purchases (namely all the remaining track and pointwork I need) but the local place I get it from I was a touch too late in getting my order in to them at the end of April so they themselves are waiting on their next order now, so May has been an unintended purchase free month :(

bigbob

Just bought 8 Freightliner hoppers for the 70, whoops :)

Tank

Quote from: bigbob on May 29, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

I have a lovely Class 08 in Freightliner livery for sale?   :smiley-laughing:

I've overspent this month (again), so a lot of items will be appearing on the Classifieds section.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on May 29, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: bigbob on May 29, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

I have a lovely Class 08 in Freightliner livery for sale?   :smiley-laughing:

I've overspent this month (again), so a lot of items will be appearing on the Classifieds section.

Get away! Lots of self approvals going on ---RHIP ;)

Tank

I didn't want Scotsoft moaning that he had to approve them all.   ;) :D

bluedepot

I have bought a class 08 shunter and a 150/1 dmu this month and also picked up a few more HAA wagons...

I don't break even each month anymore, so should cut back on outgoings...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations