My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webbo

Chicken McBites $2. Is that each?

It will come to that one day, I know.

Webbo

Bealman

I said many years ago that I'd stop drinking beer when it got to $2 a schooner.

Talk about procrastinating!  :beers:  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

A schooner of Reschs has just gone up by 20 cents a schooner thanks to government excise the pub tells me. $2 a schooner, them were the days!

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

The beer at my local club here in the Gong went up 20c the other week.

It's now $5.20, so I'm just putting money onto me clubcard, so I pay with that instead of having to scrabble around in me pocket looking for 20c  ;)

Webbo

I'm $6.40 a schooner, so I can still get three for $20. That situation will change all too soon I'm afraid. It's enough to turn one into a wino.

Bealman

Yes, I'm going to Sydney a lot since the birth of my grandaughter. It's on average $6-$15.

I've actually joined Randwick bowling club, which is only 50m up the hill from my daughter's place, and I can negotiate it even on the crutches.

$5.40 for the year, card gets you into three clubs in the area, discount prices, reward points, and discount holidays in Nelson's Bay.

It's paid for itself already!  :beers:

Bealman

I confess to quite liking the look of that chilli burger!

Bealman

Ok, bus stops fans.

(I don't believe people are actually following this!)

It rained here in Bealman's part of NSW yesterday, which is bloody great, we need the rain.

To prove Bealman hasn't deserted the bus stop, here is Bealman Bootman in the rain.... hasn't stopped the raspberry pies, though!  ;D

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on August 27, 2019, 10:08:09 AM
Ok, bus stops fans.

I do believe you're wrong. I always start feeling hungry when reading your posts though..........
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

weave

I agree,

Who needs pictures of Roger's amazing Wrenton layout when you can look at burger pics and someone's foot  :D. Need more trolley pics and daylight aliens though - I miss them.

Back to the funny farm.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS Have you asked anyone you know if they've tried a raspberry and cream whatever it is?

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on August 27, 2019, 10:08:09 AM
Ok, bus stops fans.

I'm waiting for the documentary, the full-length feature film dramatization and a spin-off reality TV series  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Most soap operas have a corner shop and a pub. Why not start one that features ....... 'The Bus Stop'  ???. Think of the the stories - the two old ladies going to Bingo, the yob with a spray can, the teen lovers - the list is endless!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Or a sitcom based on a late '70s Thames Television one where Bealman's bus doesn't turn up and he gets stuck in the Wollongong rain for days. It could be called 'George and Mildew'.

Sorry,  :-[, I'll get my 99p burger and cold fries  :(

Bealman

Not a bus stop pic, I know, but I thought this whispy cloud formation over Chez Bealman's street this morning was interesting  :worried:

weave

Them god damn pesky aliens again I reckon, this time doing daylight bombing raids. You be careful down there my friend.

On a more important note, I meant to ask this a while back when McDonald's and takeaways were being discussed so, have KFC changed the chips in Australia like they have here because they're yuk? Bigger cardboardy under cooked rubbish. Give me McDonald's fries over them any day.

Sorry, off topic. Nice to see blue sky for a change, I remember it well.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations