World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webbo

George, the trick may be not have a fancy TV.

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 22, 2018, 10:07:51 PM
Quote from: Caz on June 22, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
O, how I'd love to lock this topic, the :censored: World Cup has taken over me TV and now trying to take over the forum.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:   :veryangry:

I'd hardly call one thread 'trying to take over the forum' :no: It's the one time every 4 years when I do watch football. What are you doing in a thread called "World Cup 2018" if you don't like it anyway? :P (followed by sound of Phantom Raspberry Blower of Olde London Town)
At least you have a half decent team in the competition :envy:

Maybe he is angry, because so far their only decent player in this cup is a brazilian  :bounce: :dunce:   8)
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Bealman

Ian... I could work VHS..... anyway, England game 10pm tomorrow night, so with the State of Origin league, I'm gonna have red square eyes  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

And a ruined liver? You're not watching Oz play Ireland in rugby tonight?

Bealman

Possibly... but I'm getting total overload after 3 weeks in Japan!  ;)

That games coming from Sydney, is it?

Webbo

Yup. Kick-off at 8 pm in Sydney so should follow on nicely with the Belgium-Tunisia game at 10 pm.

For those fans of rugby in the forum, Australia and Ireland have met twice so far in this 3-game test series and have won one game each so this game will decide the winner.

Bealman

Looks like a long night then.  :beers:

weave

Not a great rugby fan but having grandparents from Cork and a brother in law from Waterford I'll be siding with the Emerald Isle.

Don't think I can get away with an 11am pub start to watch it anyway  :no:.

Enjoy the game.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

Why? It'll be Sunday  ;)

weave

:smiley-laughing:

Don't please. Have been watching my baseball team, San Francisco Giants, and although the time thing is pretty simple really, the sites of start times are all different and some are in UK time, some local time, mainly Eastern Time (US), you're 12 hours ahead, they're 8 hours back, a few wines and I don't know what day it is.

Cheers weave  :beers:

acko22

Come on Sweden!!!!
Just a draw will do, Germany out and maybe followed by Argentina. If that happens and England get to the Quarter finals that will suit me nicely.
Be the best world cup in a long time for me!!  :D

Before anyone says anything BALLS!!
>:(
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

port perran

Aaaaaaagh.
Just when we thought Sweden had done it.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

What a way to win!

What a way to lose!

Camera man kept focusing on gorgeous Swedes in despair.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Nearing half time the ITV commentator couldn't stop relating all sorts of statistics about Germany and how they would exit the World Cup. In fact, he could hardly keep the glee out of his voice ::)
Somewhat unprofessional I thought for someone in his position.
Stunning winning goal, though.

acko22

A great game for a neutral, of which I am not!!

But if South Korea can hold Germany to a draw and Mexico gift Sweden a win then its still on!!

I won't lie @Newportnobby I was full of glee so hearin the commentry jist made me happier. Although I would just love to see Germany knocked out by a South Korean penalty  :D
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations