polo2k

Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Lawrence

davieb

hi all  :wave:

just had my first trial go with my airbrush and all seemed to go well  :-\

just need to change the lightbulb in the room. and no i didn't spray it by accident, its one of those energy saving jobs so i cant see exactly how i did

may post some pics later if all went as well as i think

anyway im feeling happy for now  ;D

dave  :thumbsup:

polo2k

Quote from: davieb on December 12, 2011, 08:14:02 PM

just need to change the lightbulb in the room. and no i didn't spray it by accident, its one of those energy saving jobs so i cant see exactly how i did

My local maplin have the SAD light boxes for £6!!
Cheers
-Ash-

davieb

thanks for the reply polo 2K

will have to have a look i thought about either a daylight simulation bulb or raiding my dads stash of 100W bulbs

polo2k

if they are 100w incandecants, it might be worth snaffling a few and ebaying tham in a few years as they are no longer made.
The SAD boxes are specifically designed for daylight replication.
If you have any friends who keep repltiles, their bulbs loose the UV filter after about a year. Often I throw out tubes that still light, but wont guve the snake the light he needs. Aslo available in different wavelengths.

Cracking online retailler for bulbs: Lyco.co.uk
Cheers
-Ash-

davieb

hadn't thought about a reptile bulb  :-X

we have loads in the shop where i work will have to have a work in the bosses ear tomorrow  :angel:  :angel:

thanks for the tip  :thumbsup:

dave

polo2k

you work in a reptile shop?

IO have a corn myself: Bruce

And used to have another called sheila:

RIP
Cheers
-Ash-

davieb

no i don't work in a reptile shop

but i do work in an aquatics shop which used to sell reptiles but due to curcumstances beyond our control we can no longer sell livestock
but we still sell the equipment  :)

the first pic would have my boss running for cover he hates mice, if someone comes in and asks for frozen mice ,etc ,he goes white and gets someone else to serve them  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

polo2k

hehe
the seccond has the end of a pinkie too :)
Cheers
-Ash-

Pete Mc

How do,I'm doing my last shift later today before finishing for my holidays from work for 10 days.

I'm gonna fill in the time I'm off with doing some work on the layout,playing with it,doing a bit of chrimbo shopping,sleeping,playing Xbox and eating a bit of christmas dinner.Oh,and spending a bit of time with the family then a bit more playing trains.Happy days ahead then. :beers:

Gonna drink some beer as well. :NGaugersRule:

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

brbluewill

away to the bell rock restaurant with the family for a big dirty fish supper ;D ;D ;D ;D happy days :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Lawrence

Quote from: gwrwill on December 18, 2011, 01:04:43 PM
away to the bell rock restaurant with the family for a big dirty fish supper ;D ;D ;D ;D happy days :thumbsup:

What's it like there, never usually get past Gayfield  ::)  not been for a while but the way Raith are playing this season I might be back up there next season  :(

brbluewill

lawrence it is marvellous :thumbsup: had the all you can eat buffet  ;D ;D £7 a head and as much fish,chips,puddings,sausages etc as you manage.oh and theres salads for the wimps ;D ;D ;D and ice cream for pudding :thumbsup: so i'm now sitting here suffering ;D ;D ;D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations