World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Lindi on June 27, 2018, 04:56:17 PM
Germany out. That's a shame  :D
They way they played it is well earned that the Germans go home!
Southkoreans swarmed all over them.

@AlexanderJesse
[gmod]I politely modified your previous reference to the Germans but you seem to have ignored/forgotten that. If you can't be less offensive please stay out of this thread[/gmod]
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

port perran

Well,well,well.
Just a shame S Korea didn't do better in the first two games.
Anyway.....bye bye Germany.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

AlexanderJesse

And if Serbia wins high enough (at least 3 goals difference) and Switzerland also wins ... they can send Brazil home
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

marco neri

Neuer!....where are you going??
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on June 27, 2018, 05:00:44 PM
Weirdest scene ever. Mexico gets demolished...yet they're delirious with joy because Germany loses!! What a morning!!

I think Mexico were just delirious because they've gone through to the next stage :hmmm:
Germany have been lacklustre throughout, making constant team changes and moaning about their site/facilities evidently. They are usually very well prepared.

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 27, 2018, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on June 27, 2018, 05:00:44 PM
Weirdest scene ever. Mexico gets demolished...yet they're delirious with joy because Germany loses!! What a morning!!

I think Mexico were just delirious because they've gone through to the next stage :hmmm:
Germany have been lacklustre throughout, making constant team changes and moaning about their site/facilities evidently. They are usually very well prepared.
Jogi Löw had to make the changes because he had no team that played. He had to search for it during this first phase. And he admitted that the way they had performed would not have justified to advance to the second phase of the cup.

I consider the German problem the same as the Italian one: they were expecting to be as good and successfull as always. They thought their level was granted to be at the top.

The difference between the two: the Italians did already fail in the qualifications, the Germans made it to the cup.
The positive side for the two teams (in Italy that has already begun) is that they realize now the need to  take care of their teams and to constantly verify that their team is performing well. And the need to integrate new younger players constantly...

A early bet for the final of the world cup 2022 could be Italy vs. Germany
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

weave

Hi all,

Sort of forgetting Germany's day of mourning as I do have 2 German friends, who used to be neighbours, but went
back to live in Frankfurt.

Have tried to contact them, not to gloat  :no:  ;) but no replies. Hope they're OK. Maybe too soon. Curtains drawn but lots of empty bottles outside for their very efficient re-cycling system. Some full of tears perhaps.

Moving on, do we want to come second to avoid a Brazil side in the future that might not get through against Mexico anyway?

I think Gareth Southgate and the team will go out for a win and quite right so.

Shall be interesting to see who we can meet next at about 4.45pm.

Enjoy the games everyone.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Newportnobby

What are we going to do when it's all over? We'll have to talk about........................................................trains :worried:

Newportnobby

Anyway, while it's still on..............if the ref gives a penalty for someone being tackled and brought down and subsequently (via the VAR) decides it's not a penalty, why does the one going down like they've been pole-axed not get booked for diving? (Or have I missed such an occurrence?)
There would have been several bookings so far for such poor acting.

Fardap

I think on the whole the disallowed penalties from tackles there was contact of a fashion but it was ball first and not taking the man out... however, totally agree that if there is one where the player has 'simulated' then that should be a yellow against him, as per the law already in place for simulation... can't see it happening though!

Newportnobby

This was one of the hammiest I think I've ever seen..............

guest311

great acting though  :D

remember when I played football at prep school, and rugby later, if you got tackled hard you got up, played on, and got your revenge later  :-[

the only reason you stayed down was if you were waiting for a ride in an ambulance.

nowadays it seems the slightest thing leads to some serious acting  :veryangry:

Newportnobby

Quite tedious between England and Belgium so far, with both teams practising how many passes they can put together but you always worry England aren't quite up to it and will give the ball away. A lack of inventiveness from both teams IMO :sleep: :sleep:

dannyboy

I think England are being very gentlemanly - they keep giving the ball to the other lot!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

AlexanderJesse

and now.. the Belgians are 1:0 ahead
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP