Rivarossi Union Pacific, Class 4000 “Big Boy”,

Started by Ditape, May 03, 2019, 01:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

When I saw Rivarossi were to release the big boy in HO, I contacted them to enquire if they were also going to rerelease it in n gauge the reply was no, but if enough modellers contact them perhaps we can change their minds.
Diane Tape

Bob G

I hope no one will expect it to negotiate first radius curves 🤪

Ali Smith

The Rivarossi Y6B (2_8_8_2) does. Looks silly doing it though.

njee20

I doubt there are 5 members on here who want one sadly - have you tried asking on US forums?

As I said on Facebook too, why not the Athearn one? I can't see another manufacturer rushing to produce a niche model like that (although I realise they're iconic, the US don't seem to be into sentimentality in the same way we are) when there's already a high-spec model on the market? Why would the Rivarossi one be better?

grumbeast

We can console ourselves with the real thing..4014 is back in steam !  just have to get to Wyoming!

grumbeast

Quote from: njee20 on May 03, 2019, 09:56:31 PM
(although I realise they're iconic, the US don't seem to be into sentimentality in the same way we are) when there's already a high-spec model on the market? Why would the Rivarossi one be better?

How's rebuilding one for sentimentality :)  I confess when I first moved across the pond I wasn't a fan of North American Steam, but dang it grows on you.. and 4014 is just gobsmackingly impressive

njee20

Been better if they'd saved one in the first place ;)

I agree they're impressive though. That said, I much prefer SP's AC-12s. An utter travesty that only one non-working one survives.

mr bachmann

for N scale - its been mentioned on Kato USA , for the end of the year ?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations