Idiot Dog Owners

Started by guest311, June 01, 2019, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Ok.... well unless I get corrected by other Antipodean forum members, I have never seen that here.

Chalk one up for living in Australia!!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Some people think it can be decorative and make a special effort at Christmas:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Yuck, is that really a thing? Disgusting.

Quote from: Bealman on October 29, 2019, 12:11:40 AM
Ok.... well unless I get corrected by other Antipodean forum members, I have never seen that here.

Not a thing in Japan either  :beers:

acko22

Quote from: Bealman on October 29, 2019, 12:11:40 AM

While you don't have to suffer with this plague of dog  :censored: left dumped everywhere, you do have the joys of mother nature seemingly having it in for you with pretty much every other animal capable of killing you!

I call that a score draw!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Bealman

Strange you mention that.... in the local paper yesterday, a guy in a suburb a couple of kms from Chez Bealman was taking his green wheelie bin out to the street the other night when a red-bellied black snake (one of the real nasties) bit him on the ankle. It was asleep under the bin!

He spent the night in hospital, but survived because he did the right thing - rang ambulance, stopped moving, and put a compression bandage on the wound.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

George, you may not get this phenomenon in Wollongong, but we certainly have it here in Canberra, though rarely are the offerings posted in trees let alone in such large numbers as shown by Trainfish. Really quite picturesque the purple and white - quite like a tree flowering in winter.

A poo deposited on the ground dries out within a day or so especially in summer and would have disintegrated in a week especially if there are dung beetles around. A poo inside an orange plastic bag deposited on the ground will hang around for weeks if not longer all the while calling attention to itself. People think they're doing the right thing by bagging it, but they only make matters a lot worse if they don't carry it away.

Response to George's last past. I saw a 1.2 m eastern brown snake slither through our local dog park last Thursday. Red-bellied blacks do not kill humans (makes them very sick though), but the eastern brown is either the first, second or third most venomous snake in the world depending on what reference you go to.

Webbo

Peter K

Awful irresponsible behaviour. Who thought up the idea of misusing parks?

The Q

I've seen the same onn the Norfolk broads... but not dogs XXX... human, near fishing pitches..

Webbo

Quote from: The Q on October 29, 2019, 07:54:30 AM
I've seen the same onn the Norfolk broads... but not dogs XXX... human, near fishing pitches..

I cringe at the thought.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Modelbry

One thing that really annoys me are those who think it's a good idea to attach their dog's lead to their bike while they're cycling along.  So bl***y cruel and idiotic.

joe cassidy

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on October 29, 2019, 10:25:21 AM
Well, that's certainly put me off Cadbury's this morning ;)

Looks like one of those surrealist adverts for Silk Cut fags to me ?

Trainfish

And another thing along the same lines. Who remembers white dog poo? You don't see it any more. Unless of course they hide it in the bags, in the trees.

Edit: Picture removed as it was probably a bit naughty for this thread  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Okay, okay.

This thread is taking a rather disturbing turn.

:stop:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on October 29, 2019, 11:28:05 PM
And another thing along the same lines. Who remembers white dog poo?  :doh:

usually appeared after your furry friend had been gnawing on a bone.

don't think you can get them anymore, at least last time I tried the butcher told me they couldn't sell them due to EU regulations  :veryangry:

the pre wrapped things you can get from supermarkets / pet shops don't seem to have the same effect, and my hairy beast doesn't enjoy them anything like as much.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations