The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

Currys/PCWorld. Went there last week to buy my missus a laptop for Xmas. I asked an assistant if they had the laptop. She started yakking on about some mobile phone offers??? Another chappie checked his computer stock. They didn't have the one I'd seen on their website.
"When will you be getting them in?"
"Don't know. Sold out here. They're in stock at our other stores. PCWorld at North Shields gets everything first."
"You're a computer shop. Don't you have an automatic computer operated ordering system?"
"Yes, but it's slow and we have to wait for deliveries. We can order it for you, but you'll have to pay up front."
I told them I'd come back on Saturday.

Went back on Saturday. Asked about two other laptops. They weren't in stock either, but that didn't stop them trying to sell insurance for them before they checked the stock. I walked out of the shop.

Went to their shop in the Metro Centre on Sunday. (Where has the store directory gone?) Asked about two other laptops. They weren't in stock either.
So there you have it. A computer shop that doesn't sell computers. No wonder their share price is going down the tubes. I'm never going back to them!

Went to Argos and bought a Toshiba Satellite with good specs and £30.00 cheaper than similar ones in CurrysPCWorld. Why they changed the usually reliable Dixons stores to Currys I'll never know.

Newportnobby

What cr*ppy service ::)
At least you ended up with a Toshiba - our IT bloke reckons they're the dogs dangly bits :thumbsup:

poliss

PC Pitstop tests show it as in the worlds top 12% of portable computers. :-)

davieb

just tried to have a nother bash with my airbrush and found it was not going according to plan  ???
traced problem to a bit of muck in the nozzle so removed it to give it a clean and the "carpet monster" ate it  :'(

cant find the thing anywhere so i'm not impressed with myself at the moment  >:(

dave  :thumbsdown:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on December 14, 2011, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: davieb on December 14, 2011, 08:46:11 PM
the "carpet monster" ate it  :'(

It wasn't a badger by any chance ::) :smiley-laughing:

:smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

crisis over  ;D

tried the easy way to find it  ???
shoes and socks off and walk round barefoot and wait till it sticks in your foot which it did after about 10 secs

now how to remove it from me foot  ;D  ;D  :smiley-laughing:

dave  :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Quote from: davieb on December 14, 2011, 08:46:11 PM
just tried to have a nother bash with my airbrush and found it was not going according to plan  ???
traced problem to a bit of muck in the nozzle so removed it to give it a clean and the "carpet monster" ate it  :'(

cant find the thing anywhere so i'm not impressed with myself at the moment  >:(

I empty the Dyson and give the floor a good vacuum.  Then (because I don't vacuum for any other reason) I sift through all the bits of sprue, cat hair, general crap and lost detailing parts till I find what I couldn't manage without.

A Treasure Hunt, as I call it.

It has to be the Dyson with the roller brush for me - the little dustbuster I bought for that very purpose is totally useless at picking up anything out of the carpet but fluff.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Bikeracer

I get annoyed when pedestrians get to a Pelican crossing and although there's nothing coming they press the button to cross and immediately cross anyway,the motorist arrives to a red light and no one in sight.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

EtchedPixels

As a pedestrian it's often hard to tell.

Swansea motorists seem to have adapted to the problem by driving through red lights when that occurs, but then some Swansea drivers are special.. really special. Maybe you can still get points removed from your licenses for a fee in the local pub or something.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

How do all,my rant of today is;

I don't have a standard broadband connection for my pc,so what I do have is a mobile broadband dongle from O2.Now this costs me £15 per month or for 3 gigs of tinternet.

Unfortunately,I exhausted my download limit several days before the month had passed.Now I'm into the new months download limit and at the moment I can't even get online.It goes to the O2 welcome page but just won't let me use any of the sites that have been bookmarked,even ones I don't regularly use or have bookmarked.This has been going on now for the last 3 days and am getting pig sick of it.Normally I don't have a problem and can't even say that the bad weather we haven't had has torn down a transmitter or whatever they're called.

At the moment I'm restricted to browsing on my android phone,but as I promised to e-mail the pictures of the W1 hush hush which I took at Wigan on saturday to Newportnobby for posting on here,I am just a bit embarrassed,frustrated and very annoyed that I can't fulfill this minor task right now.

Sorry Mike,I'll keep trying though.Pics are uploaded from my camera to my pc and ready for compiling an e-mail.

I will continue to endeavour to complete this task as these are really great pics.

I also had a mad idea of starting a layout thread and setting up a photobucket account,but can't at the moment.Still,I finish work on saturday till after christmas so I think I may have plenty of time to have a crack at this.

I may have to put something on the happy thread about this as well,when I get on tinternet and me chrimbo break.
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Pete Mc on December 14, 2011, 11:29:02 PM
Unfortunately,I exhausted my download limit several days before the month had passed.Now I'm into the new months download limit and at the moment I can't even get online.It goes to the O2 welcome page but just won't let me use any of the sites that have been bookmarked,even ones I don't regularly use or have bookmarked.This has been going on now for the last 3 days and am getting pig sick of it.Normally I don't have a problem and can't even say that the bad weather we haven't had has torn down a transmitter or whatever they're called.

Or they've blocked you or similar ?

Is there a signal strength meter with the app for the dongle and also if you look at your network setting stuff do you have an IP Address assigned for the dongle when you try and use it. If the answer is yes then I suspect you need to have a 'discussion' with O2.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

Looks like a discussion with O2 is imminent then because signal strength is ok,I'm not blocked either,a text was sent to the dongle to tell me I have full download available so its not this and I have a bank mini statement from an ATM stating that money for payment went out as per every other month.It just doesn't connect up to the internet,it tries but just will not connect and comes up with the standard Internet Explorer error page.I've done a check and all cabling and whatnot is fine so there is nothing wrong with my pc,apart from it being old and not too powerful.

I will try again when I get home from work tomorrow night and if I get no joy,I'm off to the O2 shop in town on friday.I don't want to waste any of my day off messing about like this but if there is a reason why there is no connection it will be for the greater good for me.

Got some youtube stuff to catch up on as well.
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Bikeracer

I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

jonclox

Morgage underwriters who have said 'probably' to my son for the last 3 weeks and still  wont sign the paperwork off >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Lawrence

Amazon & Yodel

Ordered a food processor, apparently it was delivered Tuesday and left in my porch.

Phoned Amazon today- name blah order number blah blah, order tracking, ah yes says I, can you see what it says?  Amazon thing - yes, delivered Tuesday, left in you porch, Yodel are authorised to leave packages in a secure place (definitely a hint of smugness)

Says I - don't have a porch, only a front step, clearly visible from the road.

Amazon thing - ah! .......... we will interview the driver and get his side of the story

Says I - I still wont have a porch! never have had, probably never will have unless Amazon want to pay for one so that Yodel have somewhere to leave my Amazon deliveries so they are not on view to everyone passing my house!

Amazon thing - we will get back to you as soon as we get a reply from Yodel, is there anything else I can help you with?

I had now lost the will to live and just gently replaced the receiver back in its cradle, crawled into a corner and wept gently for 5 minutes before getting the dinner on for me and the missus

Later, I went back on to Amazon and ordered a cd, at least I know it will fit through my letterbox  ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations