New product waits and shortages

Started by macwales, January 25, 2013, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: H on January 29, 2013, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: class37025 on January 29, 2013, 10:00:21 PM

been rearranging my rakes, and need 2 x blue / grey mk.1 SOs.
can't seem to find any, looks like sold out.
decided I'd use SKs instead, which were showing at Hattons as preorder, but they have now disappeared.

Sometimes it's a matter of searching around. Signal Box appear to have blue/grey Mk1 SKs in stock.

H.

thanks for that, on my way to their website :thumbsup:

macwales

Hi

Finally managed to get my hand on a Dapol Mallard - only a 13 month wait - so not too bad - just an eightieth of life expectancy - great runner but poor quality tender lettering.

This prompted me to again peruse the Dapol 2012/13 catalogue to re-contemplate my Xmas wish list.

With one month still to go there seems (to the frustration of many on the Forum) no sign of the Schools Class or the many variants of the Bulleid Pacific from the steam loco pages.

I am still saving up fo, ready for the appearance of  the promised Farish Stannier Pacifics, the crimson Jubilee and the Fairburn Tanks.

So this year 6 steam locos wanted by a customer and only one up and running. Very frustrating!!

I could get a Dapol Hall, but on my layout at long distance no one but me would see the difference to my Ixiom Manor, so I will  I? Probably not.

Does this state of waiting make us more or less likely on the whole to despair and give up on N gauge? I got a wee book from Hattons recently with my Mallard order that detailed what locos are available in RTR. There are lots more in that nasty 00 gauge. (OK that's heresy - I was only joking).

Back to watching the Mallard go round.

:)
Cheers

Mac  :beers:

red_death

Hi Mac

The OO people don't have it much better with long production delays on much of their stuff...

Don't know about steam, but certainly for D&E there isn't that much more available in OO than N (except for a few rather bizarre pilot scheme locos and DJM are looking to fill some of those gaps!).

Cheers, Mike

Newportnobby

Hi Mac,

I can appreciate it can be frustrating with the long wait from announcement to arrival, but due to the sheer amount I have on pre-order I am somewhat glad of the time to save up/beg relations for vouchers etc

portland-docks

think i have to say...

i have NEVER pre-ordered any locomotive and i have managed to get every locomotive i wanted one way or another, mostly get them at exhibitions, some stuff at local model shop but most i get at Warley every year, like this year i have a list of some locos i would like, and i know for a fact i will get each one as warley usually has every loco made somewhere in there
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations