My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Can't answer that one - haven't had Kentucky for ages! However, that could change.... Mrs B is getting a new kitchen put in, so it'll be take away food for a while.

I'll watch out for the chips!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

A new (and unsettling) bus stop story:

Under a blood red sky....

However, the magpie didn't seem too bothered....

And the trolley have acquired a bike....

El maco is back o, whatever that is....

And when I got off the bus, who did I run into, in an Ackubra hat from Darwin?

No, not Bono, though he did go through a hat period...

Mrs Bealman, out for a walk under a blood red sky!

The temperature tomorrow is predicted to be in the thirties, with winds. Not good.

dannyboy

Hope the fires are not affecting you too badly George.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Thanks, mate. We're ok where we are, but many areas could be in trouble tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

The weather station in the backyard at Chez Bealman this morning is reading 38 degrees and this is the view across the road at the front.

That is smoke, not mist. Can barely see the houses on the hill, yet alone the escarpment behind.

Not good.

Graham

saw this on the news this morning, hope your not asthmatic or you will be in trouble.

Ironically I was originally asked to be in Sydney today for a tribunal hearing, fortunately they decided I could participate by video so have missed this.

stay safe

Bealman

Thanks, Graham. I'm ok, but I must admit it's not very pleasant breathing it.

Oddly enough I have a flying visit to Melbourne on Saturday for a wedding in Nagambie. Flying straight back early Sunday!

Platy767

Just returned from Lindfield doing a book donation dropoff and the smoke is quite bad. Quite sad, really. Pity the poor souls living through the actual fires and those professionals and lots of volunteers trying to contain the blazes. I've been around long enough to see smoke before, but this time the country is on fire, the rivers are dry and the dams are either low or empty.
Mark

Platy767

...and that's not rain clouds on the Sydney BOM radar, that's the smoke from the fires!

crewearpley40

Bet that  the air auality is not good.its a frostty cold morning in london

Platy767

The air quality (?). For readings, 100 is poor, 200 is hazardous, it was 2200 today!

Some city offices were evacuated, flights cancelled and harbour ferries replaced by bus due to bushfire smoke.

Southerly change came through and has helped blow some of it away.

Mark

Bealman

Yeah, it's much cooler and clearer now.

Bealman

Sitting here this evening, it's good to know they'll be open on Christmas day in case I run out of jokes

railsquid

Do they sell crackers? Or are they putting jokes inside burgers, similar to what is done with fortune cookies?

Bealman

Dunno.... if it turns into a family bunfight on the day I might go and check it out  :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations