Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Yay what timing

The taxman has finally given me a nice cheque (which is of course my money he took in excess earlier in the year!) and as I go to spend it I find Hattons has slashed the prices on a ton of goodies.

Wheee....

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

Lucky man!

I had a cheque for £24 a few months ago.  It didn't even dent the overdraft!   :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 10, 2011, 08:12:52 AM
Yay what timing

The taxman has finally given me a nice cheque (which is of course my money he took in excess earlier in the year!) and as I go to spend it I find Hattons has slashed the prices on a ton of goodies.

Wheee....

And of course, the taxman has paid you the interest on your money he has had for months ??? ::)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on November 10, 2011, 09:42:21 AM
And of course, the taxman has paid you the interest on your money he has had for months ??? ::)

Alas not, nor is he giving me 6 months to pay the VAT on the Hattons order so he gets 20% back straight away.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Just got back from "Total N Gauge" with twenty five sets of points and a full pack of flexitrack,a hundred metre reel each of red and black dropper wire,pair of track cutters,pot of fine ballast and four Oxford miniature vehicles.

Hoping to start putting some baseboard sections together later after a cup of tea to revive myself after such an arduous shopping trip.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

polo2k

Quote from: Bikeracer on November 10, 2011, 04:38:17 PM
Just got back from "Total N Gauge" with twenty five sets of points and a full pack of flexitrack,a hundred metre reel each of red and black dropper wire,pair of track cutters,pot of fine ballast and four Oxford miniature vehicles.

Hoping to start putting some baseboard sections together later after a cup of tea to revive myself after such an arduous shopping trip.

Allan

Did I mention its my birthday later this month  ;D  :thumbsup:  ;)
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

poliss

Silly time of year to have a birthday. Far too close to Xmas. You should move it to summertime like the queen did.  ;D

polo2k

I dont mind having one then too (and a national holiday if they're going too) ;D

What ya gettin me then?  ;D
Cheers
-Ash-

SymonC

All the best people have their birthdays in November :thumbsup:

poliss

Queen Victoria (gawd bless her, tugs forelock) and Bob Dylan's birthdays are the 24th of May.

scotsoft

Quote from: SymonC on November 10, 2011, 05:58:19 PM
All the best people have their birthdays in November :thumbsup:

... and all the best to people who have unbirthdays in November  :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Quote from: poliss on November 10, 2011, 05:53:32 PM
Silly time of year to have a birthday. Far too close to Xmas. You should move it to summertime like the queen did.  ;D

Does that mean polo has to be a queen too?   :-* :-*

polo2k

Quote from: Lawrence on November 10, 2011, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: poliss on November 10, 2011, 05:53:32 PM

Does that mean polo has to be a queen too?   :-* :-*

NEWS TO ME !!!  :o  ;D
Cheers
-Ash-

Pete Mc

Hi all,I'm off work till sunday afternoon now,tomorrow I'm going to Rail's of Sheffield and am gonna take a drive to Olivia's Trains to look at sound chips for n gauge.
Firstly,at Rail's I'm gonna have a look at a 121 from Dapol,just to see if it has a place on my layout,I'm gonna buy a Farish 101 dmu which as the original release date was August 16th,this will be my birthday prezzie from me dad.I'm also gonna buy some seep motors,probably 8,and look at a newly released class 03 shunter.
When I home,no doubt I'll have to have a play with my new dmu and start fitting some point motors.
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete Mc on November 10, 2011, 08:09:08 PM
Hi all,I'm off work till sunday afternoon now,tomorrow I'm going to Rail's of Sheffield and am gonna take a drive to Olivia's Trains to look at sound chips for n gauge.
Firstly,at Rail's I'm gonna have a look at a 121 from Dapol,just to see if it has a place on my layout,I'm gonna buy a Farish 101 dmu which as the original release date was August 16th,this will be my birthday prezzie from me dad.I'm also gonna buy some seep motors,probably 8,and look at a newly released class 03 shunter.
When I home,no doubt I'll have to have a play with my new dmu and start fitting some point motors.
Pete

Hi Pete - you'll be lucky if you see a green 121 as I checked today and they're not in at Rails yet. If you do see one, IT'S MINE OK!!
Happy Shopping :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations