Revolution Trains Mystery Project

Started by Thorpe Parva, September 15, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Dunno about an 87, they're not really active any more are they? Barring a couple of examples. They're also in the same 'camp' as a 90 - there is an old Farish model, but it's very dated now.

I reckon a 90 is much more likely, particularly given Revolution's rapid turnaround.

Stupidly I quite want it to be another 92 though!:

- no sensibly priced model
- loads of liveries
- good geographical spread
- suitable haulage for the TEAs, KFAs and hi cube boxes

Only downer is DJM, I'm not sure I can see Revolution going head to head, but who knows, maybe Ben and Mike are feeling feisty, and if they've done the CAD already then perhaps they could also beat Dave to market, and as long as the order book is big enough they lose nothing.

njee20

Quote from: IWFB on September 15, 2016, 07:07:31 PM
I reckon it will run on both AC and DC....

Which keeps the 92 or Electrostar in the running.

Cooper

Quote from: jthjth on September 15, 2016, 06:30:16 PM
Judging by overheard conversations at TINGS, together with a folder left open with a rather interesting drawing, at least one of you is correct. But I'm not saying any more in case I'm wrong.....

I saw that folder too.... 😉

Roy L S

An 81 would be nice and I could have it pulling maroon Mk 1s(!).

However to me, if the hints are it will be a model of a loco in current use, the smart money would be on a 90 and very logically it would also fit with Ben and Mike's sphere of interest too. I should imagine a Rapido model would be the dog's thingummies and this may tempt more than a few "rule 1" purchases.

I personally hope it is not a 92, DJM Dave has already started down the crowdfunding road for that model and no doubt invested time and money in researching it.

Roy

Skyline2uk

For what it's worth my (absolute) guess would be a 91 and associated MK4 stock / DVT.

Only because the Pendilino has shown the way for full length trains and like other models mentioned here, it's only represented by an aging Farish model.

Skyline2uk

jpendle

If NJEE needs a bigger layout maybe it's a Pendo in 'OO'.!!!!!
Or a CL88 using Dapol's CL68 CAD's!!!!!

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

gc4946

My guess is that either an 87 or 90 is announced.

The speed at which CADs are being released suggests to me that their choice has been derived from a manufacturer's CAD file of a previous loco.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

njee20

Really? Seems very unlikely. Why would a manufacturer share their CADs, and given how old (and low quality) the 87 and 90 are would the CADs be of any use?

You'd also include any errors from the original models. And how do you know how long Revolution have been planning this too? ???

Ben A

Hello all,

The model will be derived from the works drawings that we have had for some time.  Personally I would be very against creating a model from existing CAD files - unless they're our own as in the OO TEAs.

Mike and I have been planning this new item for some time, as it's something we are both really keen on, but have held back announcing it until we had actually supplied some models.  Otherwise we felt we could be accused of endless promises with nothing delivered.

The TEAs are now imminent, and as a small thank you we are arranging things so our TEA customers will be the first to learn officially about the next project...

Cheers

Ben A.

Branchie

Please be something in BR blue. Please be something in BR blue.
Please be some thing in BR blue ......

railsquid

Quote from: Branchie on September 15, 2016, 11:07:08 PM
Please be something in BR blue. Please be something in BR blue.
Please be some thing in BR blue ......
Ditto... though I could probably be persuaded by anything with a BR logo on it.

acko22

Ahhhh thats what was in that folder!!  :P
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

gerry9253

Whilst I yearn for someone to produce a 4 Sub an Electrostar would suffice but I think a Class 800 might be more probable.......

Good fun but I should get out more.

Gerry

Karhedron

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Vonzack

Yep, a Class 800 would be nice and could be done with lessons learned from Pendolino.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations