2-6-0 chassis

Started by polo2k, October 27, 2011, 06:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo2k

Hi there fellow N gaugers!

For my next layout I am pretty sure that I will be going for a small US branch line. This line was operated by 2-6-0 steamers that are not commercially available. due to this, I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will probably have to scratchbuild the bodies, the question remains; What chassis to use?
I have some experience of how well the modern N gauge diesels run, but im pretty clueless about the steam advancements so please fill me in.

Im looking for something reliable, and cheap as im sure we all are!

p.s. Just added a sig pic of one of the other locos and a test of the rock moulding.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Dr Al

I'm selling a Farish 2-6-0 Crab chassis right now in the for sale section...... ;) ;) ;)

Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

polo2k

thanks for the headsup, Im looking to research at the moment (rather than buy yet) but good to know that there are suitable chassis out there :)
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations