How do I upload model images to the site

Started by Tezzacrumlin, November 26, 2023, 12:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezzacrumlin

Good morning all

Bit of a boring Sunday morning question I'm afraid.

I would like to upload some photos of my layout but can't seem to figure it out.
The images are on my iPad but when I go to choose the upload location the iPad location isn't there, it seems to want me to upload from a PC.
Any help available please?

Tezza

port perran

I upload all the time from my ipad.

Click on the message at the top of your post which is misleading admittedly ie The one which says "If you want to add an image to the gallery please use the Reply button etc".

Choose the upper of the two options.
Give your photo a title.
Choose Random Photos from the Category dropdown menu.
Add a short Description.
Upload picture using the prompt.
Then click on Add picture and Bob's your Uncle.

If you have your own User Gallery on the forum the procedure is the same but use the second menu option  ie User Gallery.

That all works fine for me so give it a whirl.
Cheers
Martin

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bigmac

it has to be the most awkward, complicated, easy-to-forget-how-to method of all the forums ive been on.  I had hoped it would become more user friendly when the site was reconditioned recently.

Sadly not.
 :veryangry:
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

ntpntpntp

Whilst it's not as simple as directly drag/drop into the post you're writing, I've never had a problem uploading photos from my windows PC. I don't have an iPad so cannot comment on that.

The one thing I have found is that since the last forum software revamp I've taken to using a separate browser window to add to my gallery first, and copy the BB link into the post I'm writing.  Before the update I would always use the "add image to post and upload to gallery" option.    This avoids any concerns over whether or not I've opened the "full reply" post editor. I agree the "please use the REPLY button" message is confusing as it still shows even when you are editing via Reply.

Having just bought a cheap android tablet thing today, thought I should test adding an image. Pleased to say it worked ok, but I'm still figuring out how to copy and paste text. Much easier on a proper laptop.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations