message when trying to show all unread posts

Started by guest311, July 28, 2020, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

anyone else getting this response

The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read.

been getting it for the last 3 to 4 hours, was ok this morning about 10:00

Newportnobby

I keep getting that same message this afternoon, and have the found the forum to be very slow the last couple of days.
Maybe the server needs booting again >:D

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 28, 2020, 04:07:08 PM
I keep getting that same message this afternoon, and have the found the forum to be very slow the last couple of days.

Yes, I'm having the same problem I'm afraid.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ntpntpntp

I use "Unread posts since last visit",  I guess that doesn't have to find all the old stuff.

Do you *really* want all unread posts ever? Why? That's asking the server to do a lot of work, no wonder it's running out of resources with us all at home with nothing better to do  :D  For me that's something like 1700 pages of stuff compared to 2-3 page for unread posts since last visit.

The forum has seemed a touch slow on occasion.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

crewearpley40

Yes,for me working off a phone. Was not sure if it was servers or congestion on networks or anything else

Newportnobby

Quote from: ntpntpntp on July 28, 2020, 04:09:15 PM
I use "Unread posts since last visit",  I guess that doesn't have to find all the old stuff.

Do you *really* want all unread posts ever? Why?

Because the Mods have to be sure everyone's behaving :P :D

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 28, 2020, 04:07:08 PM

think the term is 're-booting' but whatever works for you  :smiley-laughing:

I always use 'mark all messages as read' after using 'show all unread posts' so in theory, only those posts since my last visit should appear.

guest311

just had a thought  :hmmm:

has Tank fed the hamster today ?
:smiley-laughing:

Dorsetmike

Yep forum slow again, must find a more energetic hamster for the generator.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Papyrus

Working perfectly normally round these parts.

I have to say I've never used 'show all unread posts', nor am I sure why I would want to. In fact, the only one of those choices I ever use is 'show own topics', and that very rarely. Am I odd? (Don't answer that...)

Cheers,

Chris

Tank

I've been on here throughout the day and fortunately haven't seen this.  The forum is due some maintenance again, as it keeps running slow - for some weeks now.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations