DJModels Ltd Press release - 18th October 2015

Started by Caz, October 18, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Thanks for that, Dave.
Any clue as to how long after the pristine ones arrive for the weathered version please?
Time for a progress update on your website, too? :telloff: :D

DJM Dave

A few bridges to cross first mate.

getting Mercig to weather them is one thing, but i need to get the factory to emulate the master weathered Mermaid wagon that Mercig will produce.

Unfortunately the factory thinks weathering is a simple 1 colour , 1 pass of the airbrush thing (and that's a really ugly thing with no finesse like other companies do), and they will need teaching, which i shall probably do when i'm out there in a couple of months.

Once i'm happy with their weathering i'll sign off on production, but not before so i cant really give a time frame, sorry.
cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

robert shrives

Dave,
Well done on the weathering front - a battle but well worth it as we know Mercig work is top!
and yes! how infuriating the splurge of rail grime/rust is called "weathered."

more strength to your elbow
Robert     

MacRat

Pictures of the Mermaid EP samples are on the DJM site now. The first set of pictures were RMweb/Warner exclusive, I think.
http://djmodels.co.uk

According to a post from Dave that appeared on RMweb a few days ago the artwork is being worked on and production might happen this year (in about 6 weeks, maybe, you know, time is a weird thing).
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/110632-djmodels-n-gauge-mermaid-ep1-sample/page-2#entry2328858

Les1952

Dave Jones was at Quorn today with the EP of the Mermaid (on the Kernow Stand).

I had a good look at it, including being allowed to handle it.  As a direct result I crossed the aisle to Sherwood Models- and upped my pre-order from three to six......

He also had the airfreighted review samples of the first OO J94s to come off the production line, and decoration samples of RMWeb's J94 and his OO Class 71.   The first OO J94s will be here in August- these are the models that pay for tooling and production of the N-gauge Classes 17 and 23.

All the very best
Les

Newportnobby

I hope these 'Orribly Oversize' thingies sell well as I want my class 23 :worried:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on June 18, 2016, 09:56:43 AM
I hope these 'Orribly Oversize' thingies sell well as I want my class 23 :worried:

Me also!  :)

Dave G

Portpatrick

Quote from: daveg on June 18, 2016, 10:41:07 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 18, 2016, 09:56:43 AM

Me also!  :)

Dave G

And me.  Looking forward to my pair of Claytons.

DJM Dave

N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Portpatrick

Les1952

I'm hoping the J94 sells well (and I'm doing my bit with a pair of standard DJM ones, a Hattons and the RMWEb special, all for "No Place") as Hawthorn Dene could do with Class 17s on the main line, and WD saddletanks and a Hudswell or two in the colliery, plus a Q6 or several on the coal trains.

Les

koyli55002

Such a shame that we have to rely on the "broad gaugers" to finance the Claytons etc.
Waiting with bated breath for MY pair of Claytons also !

Les1952

Quote from: koyli55002 on June 19, 2016, 09:20:08 AM
Such a shame that we have to rely on the "broad gaugers" to finance the Claytons etc.

Fact of life - there are three times as many of them......

Les

Newportnobby

Quote from: koyli55002 on June 19, 2016, 09:20:08 AM

I hope you can 'bate' your breath for a long time! :worried:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations