DJModels Ltd Press release - 18th October 2015

Started by Caz, October 18, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Can I suggest to the Mods that all the posts about a Sentinel are moved to..............

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29973.0;topicseen

as this has gone completely off the original topic

@Sprintex
@scotsoft
@Caz
@Pengi
@Bealman

Sprintex

Well said Mick, cleared out the off-topic stuff :thumbsup:

What a discussion about Sentinels has to do with DJ Models I don't know since he's not producing one,  so can we please stay on-topic?

:thankyousign:

Paul

Les1952

I called in at Sherwood Models this morning.

Ian informed me that dealer orders will be supplied in full but that there will be no spares made, so how many of each wagon would I be likely to want?  He needs to get the order in fairly shortly. 

As it happens I want a few mermaids, a shark and an LSWR van for use as an NCB brake.

I suggest that if anyone wants any of these wagons you get an expression of interest in to your preferred DJM stockist to make sure you can get hold of them.

Presumably there will be re-runs later, but Dave doesn't have deep enough pockets to make wagons on spec.

Les

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Caz on October 18, 2015, 12:02:11 PM

ZJO / ZJV 'Mermaid' N gauge Ballast wagon. RRP£19.95

Featuring NEM couplers, Close Coupling mechanism, partially see through chassis, fully detailed interior and exterior, Darkened profile wheels, Removable 'quick load* ' moulded ballast.

GWR and BR versions modelled. Authentic liveries, some with weathering**, multi packs available** with different running numbers (**to follow).
*Quick Load, is a quick way to load and unload the plastic ballast load using a simple magnet on a stick. No more taking each wagon off the rails to unload. 
Black with Straw lettering
DJM-N-RS-100010A  ZJO DW100022
DJM-N-RS-100010B  ZJO DW100045
DJM-N-RS-100010C  ZJO DW100048
DJM-N-RS-100010D  ZJO DW100051

Indian Red
DJM-N-RS-100011A  ZJV DB989176
DJM-N-RS-100011B  ZJV DB989228

Olive Green
DJM-N-RS-100012A  ZJV DB989014
DJM-N-RS-100012B  ZJV DB989088
DJM-N-RS-100012C  ZJV DB989089
DJM-N-RS-100012D  ZJV DB989153

Engineers Grey / Yellow 'Dutch'
DJM-N-RS-100013A  ZJV DB989097
DJM-N-RS-100013B  ZJV DB989117
DJM-N-RS-100013C  ZJV DB989466
DJM-N-RS-100013D  ZJV DB989484

For the era 1962-64 am I correct in thinking that both the black livery and the red livery would be appropriate? I'm looking to put my pre-order in soon...

Thanks

Scott

Chetcombe

Looking at the reviews and photos of the orribly oversized DJM/Kernow Adams O2 tank, I can't wait to see what Dave has in store for us in N gauge. The locos he has announced don't work for me, but I am certainly interested in a rake of the Mermaids...

What chance Dave can point a shrink ray on the Adams O2? I can see one or two doing sterling duty on the Britminster to Chetcombe branch line...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

mickster04

As a kiwi, where is my local stockist ;) I have an address in England I can use (my uncle) who would forward post onto me if that would be easier, but I would like to pre-order soon as well :D

daveg

Checking this morning, Hattons, Kernow and Osborns are as yet not currently listing the Mermaid.

That makes any pre-ordering a bit difficult.

Guess retailers are waiting for further news and details.

Happy to be corrected.

Dave G

Karhedron

Quote from: Chetcombe on October 23, 2015, 03:09:28 AM
What chance Dave can point a shrink ray on the Adams O2? I can see one or two doing sterling duty on the Britminster to Chetcombe branch line...

I asked him a while back and he didn't seem to have any plans but maybe if enough of us ask him.....  :angel:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

I specifically asked Dave at our Meet Up whether he'd consider 'shrinking' any of the 00 stuff such as the 71 (although I was asking in relation to the 'King' :D) and the reply was that it would be a long way off if it were to happen. Maybe when we've got some N gauge models in our mitts we should then bombard his website with pleas for stuff to be shrunk.

MinZaPint

Looking at the reviews and photos of the orribly oversized DJM/Kernow Adams O2 tank, I can't wait to see what Dave has in store for us in N gauge. The locos he has announced don't work for me, but I am certainly interested in a rake of the Mermaids...

I see Kernow allowed the use of the Road Van laser scans, so perhaps there's hope and how about the Beattie Well Tank having seen so many OO versions at shows I'd love one of those as well  :NGaugersRule:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

red_death

Or even nicer would be the China clay JIA and Clay Tiger!

Cheers Mike

JasonBz

Quote from: red_death on October 24, 2015, 10:34:14 AM
Or even nicer would be the China clay JIA and Clay Tiger!

Cheers Mike

They would be nice indeed -  I asked KMRC sometime ago if they would be doing these in N scale and they said No. :(

Les1952

Quote from: daveg on October 23, 2015, 07:29:27 AM
Checking this morning, Hattons, Kernow and Osborns are as yet not currently listing the Mermaid.

That makes any pre-ordering a bit difficult.

Guess retailers are waiting for further news and details.

Happy to be corrected.

Dave G

Try ringing Ian at Sherwood Models.
Les

25901JFM

I will be ordering some Mermaids and I will also be interested in the Shark & Turbot models as well.  Whilst the these are all available as kits (in fact I do have some NGS Turbot kits to build), I am not very good at kit construction and certainly not good at painting them!  So for me these are most welcome additions to the rtr market.
John

NeilWhite

The DJ models web site (http://djmodels.co.uk/) has had a welcome makeover and now includes a chart showing the state of progress on the various models: http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=422

Neil

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations