DJModels Ltd Press release - 18th October 2015

Started by Caz, October 18, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 18, 2015, 01:22:35 PM
Love the LSWR road van.

I bet Gareth Collier will love it more than you Alan !

Best regards,

Joe

Dorsetmike

I'll probably go for an LSWR road van or two.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Kris

Quote from: NeMo on October 18, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
Was wondering the same thing.

If the DJM 'Mermaid' has been brewing for a while it would have been nice if someone from DJM had had a quiet word with someone at CRS. At the very least it'd have given CRS the option of coming up with something else.

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: MacRat on October 18, 2015, 01:03:51 PM
Are this the same type of Mermaid that currently is crowd funded on Kickstarter ?
see: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24895.0

Is this duplication? Is the Kickstarter project dead now?  Just wondering....

Given the lack of funding that seems to have be offered on this, it look dead even before this announcement.

mr bachmann

keithfre

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 18, 2015, 01:22:35 PM
Love the LSWR road van.
Me too! Is the BR Grey livery right for late 1950s/early 60s, or would weatherbeaten SR brown be more appropriate?

Newportnobby

Firstly my grateful thanks to Caz for posting DJ Models announcements bang on the dot of noon :claphappy: (especially as it allowed me to get to the Warrington Show)

Quote from: Kris on October 18, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
Quote from: NeMo on October 18, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
Was wondering the same thing.

If the DJM 'Mermaid' has been brewing for a while it would have been nice if someone from DJM had had a quiet word with someone at CRS. At the very least it'd have given CRS the option of coming up with something else.

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: MacRat on October 18, 2015, 01:03:51 PM
Are this the same type of Mermaid that currently is crowd funded on Kickstarter ?
see: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24895.0

Is this duplication? Is the Kickstarter project dead now?  Just wondering....

Given the lack of funding that seems to have be offered on this, it look dead even before this announcement.

It is pointless us speculating on what has transpired so I'd suggest any and all enquiries regarding the 'history' behind both Mermaids should be addressed via PM to both Richard and Dave as no one has the facts apart from them.

Quote from: msr on October 18, 2015, 12:12:29 PM
Will it only be the Mermaids that will be offered as weathered, and is the intention to use a Mercig master or will this be a simple single colour wash?

When I asked Dave about the weathered Mermaids he replied they would be the second tranche of the issue. I believe Mercig will be used for the master.

Quote from: glenng on October 18, 2015, 01:25:42 PM
Was there talk of a Hudswell-Clarke 0-6-0ST coming out???

Dave is concentrating on the Class 17 (which should be seen at Alley Pally), the class 23 (2 months after the class 17) and the J94 (2 months after the class 23) on the basis he wants folks to have something to have/run as soon as poss.
A Q6, GW Mogul and a Hudswell-Clarke are some ways off whilst more information on them is being gathered.

At our meet up, Dave also promised to look into the cost of adding train crew each end of diesels/electrics, although this could well prove to be cost prohibitive (result of a question from the attendees)

scruff

Thanks Mick.. Hope you had a good day in Warrington.
Did Dave give you any information about the Bogie Bolster E?

Cheers
Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: scruff on October 18, 2015, 03:34:45 PM
Thanks Mick.. Hope you had a good day in Warrington.
Did Dave give you any information about the Bogie Bolster E?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm just sorting the pics from Warrington so, I'm sorry, but it will be picture heavy.
All Dave said about the Bogie Bolster E is that it, along with the Turbot at the same time in various liveries (no timescale available). I note he has not put these announcements on his website yet but would suggest keeping an eye on it.

scruff

Thanks Mick,

Looking forward to the pics! the heavier the better!

Cheers
Mark

Roy L S

The news on the Class 17s is excellent. I am thinking the timeline for delivery looks challenging if only now in tooling but Dave knows his business well enough to be confident it is "doable" I am sure.

The PW wagons together form a logical approach. The "Shark" in particular I am sure will be a popular model and although it has been an NGS kit for years, in my view everything has it's shelf life and arguably this was ripe for the picking as an RTR model. If Dave hadn't announced it odds are it would have been on somebody else's radar.

As to duplication of the "Mermaid", it is indeed unfortunate that Richard's time in planning the Kickstarter has been potentially wasted but realistically even before Dave's announcement, hitting the funding target was looking less likely. It looks pretty clear that Dave must have already had this model in his plans for some time given it is already through CAD and into tooling so he has clearly invested a not insignificant amount of time and money. It is not the first time something like this has happened and will surely not be the last - just the way it goes on occasion...

Roy

daveg

Many thanks for the updates from DJM.

Real shame about the 'duplication' of the Mermaid.

With the news from Dave and others, it looks like my railway budget is going to get a real bashing during the first half of 2016!

Dave G

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Roy L S on October 18, 2015, 07:22:09 PM
As to duplication of the "Mermaid", it is indeed unfortunate that Richard's time in planning the Kickstarter has been potentially wasted but realistically even before Dave's announcement, hitting the funding target was looking less likely. It looks pretty clear that Dave must have already had this model in his plans for some time given it is already through CAD and into tooling so he has clearly invested a not insignificant amount of time and money. It is not the first time something like this has happened and will surely not be the last - just the way it goes on occasion...

Roy
Yes indeed, so very well said  !

My first reaction was "why couldnt ... get together with ... "
but I soon realised that there is no mechanism to do so, nor in the commercial world is there likely to be (or am I wrong ?)

My second reaction is, if there is so little interest in a Kickstarter Mermaid,,  is this because of a reluctance to 'put up in front' and a suspicion of 'things internetty'.
Or is it a lack of interest in the Mermaid per se , in which case DJ has a problem of cash flow :(
To distinguish between the two a mechanism to talk first would avoid sadness in so many areas  ? !

Gosh,,,
there are so few of us 'wanting'
and so few who can supply
( I mean in a capitalist supply and demand world)
one has to wonder if there isnt a better way ?

I know, a centrally directed economy, lets not go there, lol !

MalcolmInN

Oh, that's a shame, I was about to post a similar sympathy message in the Kickstarter thread, 'pour encourage les autres'
but it has been locked :(

Oh well.
I'll go back to sleep.

[admin]Feel free to PM Richard. I'm sure he'd be grateful to hear from you and anyone else. - Tank[/admin]

PaulCheffus

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 18, 2015, 10:22:58 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on October 18, 2015, 07:22:09 PM

Roy
Yes indeed, so very well said  !

My first reaction was "why couldnt ... get together with ... "
but I soon realised that there is no mechanism to do so, nor in the commercial world is there likely to be (or am I wrong ?)

My second reaction is, if there is so little interest in a Kickstarter Mermaid,,  is this because of a reluctance to 'put up in front' and a suspicion of 'things internetty'.
Or is it a lack of interest in the Mermaid per se , in which case DJ has a problem of cash flow :(
To distinguish between the two a mechanism to talk first would avoid sadness in so many areas  ? !

Gosh,,,
there are so few of us 'wanting'
and so few who can supply
( I mean in a capitalist supply and demand world)
one has to wonder if there isnt a better way ?

I know, a centrally directed economy, lets not go there, lol !

Hi

I would have been interested in the Mermaids but having invested in eight Stephen Harris kits several years ago. I've built four with the fifth one on the shortlist for my next project I cannot justify replacing these with a RTR version at twice the price plus they have a very good open chassis that I think will be difficult to replicate with a plastic moulding.

As for the Shark again I have all I need having built three of the NGS kits many years ago.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

MalcolmInN

Quote from: PaulCheffus on October 18, 2015, 10:39:51 PMerrr
Snips the quote getting any bigger ;)

Well actually not being a great student of things railway post about '50s and forgetting such little as I did then know ! I would not have known from the DJM 'megga embargoed news' that I wanted a Mermaid.
However, having previously read Richards excellent description of what and where they were, I knew ( as a late entrant to the field of modelling ) that I do now ( would have ?) want(ed) some ,,, if you follow !

eeek the tangled webs we do weave,

so maybe there will be enough entrants to the market to make a success of Dave's brave? effort and that Richards 'formally' monicker will not grow too much larger ?

dear me , , ,

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations