New Magazine

Started by port perran, November 25, 2016, 06:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I popped into East Somerset Models on my way home from Wiltshire to Cornwall today and made a couple of purchases.
I was also given a copy of a new and free magazine called Guide to Modelling which is a subsidiary of the Railway Magazine.
It's stated as issue 1 Dec 2016 but it's not clear if it will be monthly. Looks ok for a free publication but on a quick scan through there isn't much N gauge in there.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

PLD

Interesting...

We'd heard that Morton's Media were planning a Modelling Magazine, but understood it would be distributed as a supplement within one of their major prototype titles "Railway Magazine" or "Heritage Railway", (their other railway title "Rail Express" already has a modelling supplement).

Wonder if what you've been given is actually a pre-production trade sample or if issue 1 is been given away separately as a loss-leader??

mr bachmann

got mine from local shop , plenty in the pages  - but it could be a taster for a new mag .
no mention of next issue either free or payment .

also id didn't come with 2 cover pages like the NGS Journal's supplement  ( you only get what you pay for  :D
)

jthjth

Spoke to the publishers at Warley today, who were handing the magazine out to anyone who passed by.

The magazine will be published monthly and will be free and be distributed via model shops. It will be available on a paid subscription, the fee to cover the postage costs. Financed entirely by advertising. Current 70ish pages, with the intention to increase to >100.

Printed on newsprint paper on a page size that is smaller than A4. Being printed on Mortons own presses (which can't do glossy A4). Won't ever be included as a free magazine with "The Railway Magazine" as this is printed elsewhere.

So sort of the "Metro" of the model railway world.

koyli55002

Hmmmm....
Don't think I'll see many issues then.
Model shops are rather scarce in South Atlantic / Falklands !

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations