Schoolies week

Started by Bealman, November 04, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Quote from: TrevL on November 19, 2019, 12:52:41 PM
Out of interest George,  how do the school holidays work over in Oz.  As you may recall, over here we have a couple of weeks at Easter, all of August plus a bit either end  (6 weeks), then a couple of weeks for Christmas.  But summer coinsides with Christmas at your end, do they get 8 weeks then?
But not in Scotland.. Their summer holidays start  the end of June and end mid August.. Their others are a bit different too..

Bealman

Four school terms. End of year usually a few days before Christmas, 6 weeks holiday, return end of January. Ten week terms. Couple of weeks off around Easter, two weeks in July, two weeks Sept-Oct.

With the odd day off here and there for things like Queen's birthday, etc.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

thankfully none of my children were interested, and now hopefully the grandchildren wont be either.

Bealman

Yeah, the Bealettes headed off to Barrier Reef islands, if I recall.

JonHarbour

I've got this to look forward with "Little Miss" - she's only 7 years old at the moment. Hopefully she'll have a sensible head on her by the time schoolies comes around for her...
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

I'm sure she'll be fine, mate.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Talking of the Bealettes, One of them went to the U2 Joshua Tree concert in Adelaide last night, and the other two are going to it at the SCG on Friday night.

Unfortunately, I won't be, because I'll be around the corner in Randwick, babysitting our "Little Miss" - 4 month old Grandbealette, while her mum goes to U2!  :'(

Bealman

Apparently there was a huge blue up there yesterday  :-\

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on November 21, 2019, 07:33:38 AM
Apparently there was a huge blue up there yesterday  :-\
What like this?

Bealman

Yep, plenty of red wheels and possibly blue skirts  ;)

Graham

well looks like Schoolies has kept up the madness of the last few years with some poor soul falling from the 42nd floor. Feel really sorry for the parents.

Bealman

That just happen today? Haven't heard.

But it's so unnecessary. Sad.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations