Thailand cave rescue

Started by Philip., July 08, 2018, 07:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

Webbo

Ditto on the previous post.

The whole world is watching and hoping for the best.

guest311

so impressed by the courage of the rescue divers, sadly one already lost his life according to reports.

I cannot imagine worse conditions for them, their bravery is an example to all of us.

we can only hope for a successfull outcome.

ntpntpntp

Just watching the news items makes me shudder, must be claustrophobic thoughts.   Hope all goes well.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Mito

Four youngsters have been brought out safely. An incredible rescue operation.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Newportnobby

I obviously hope there is a safe outcome for all concerned but have to wonder about a system/the teacher taking these lads into what should be known to be a danger area prone to flooding in the rainy season :hmmm:
Thank heavens for such dedicated volunteers who are willing to lay down their lives to help others, as do the Mountain Rescue and Coastguard.

Bealman

Aussie doctor from Adelaide right in there.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on July 08, 2018, 08:52:45 AM
so impressed by the courage of the rescue divers, sadly one already lost his life according to reports.

I cannot imagine worse conditions for them, their bravery is an example to all of us.

we can only hope for a successfull outcome.

let us not forget how frightening it must have been, and hopefully will be, for the boys who, with little training, are having to swim out, and hopefully all will survive this.

I am truely humbled by the courage of the rescue divers, and the way they ignore the risks to carry out their work.

one word

RESPECT

Delboy

I agree wholeheartedly with the above comments.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Philip.

4 more boys out today, an incredible effort so far. The remaining 4 boys and the adult to be rescued tomorrow  :thumbsup:

guest311

great news, fingers crossed for tomorrow,

and please

no rain tonight in that area

Pete @ EGLM

As someone who spent many happy hours underground in Britain's caves, including leading parties of schoolchildren. I,m still utterly amazed that anyone could be irresponsible enough to lead children so far into a cave, let alone without any proper equipment. 
May they all get out safely.

Pete @ EGLM

Intercity

They are saying very heavy rains tonight in that region, plus they took the strongest out first, air quality is down to less than 17%.

The whole world is watching let's all hope these boys make it out safely.

RailGooner

Delboy

Wonderful news about the boys and their coach.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations