Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupC

If he's loafing around all day he won't be sweating cobs at least.

guest311

is that a bpun  :smiley-laughing:

I'm rolling around laughing :-[

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Sliced white. None of this fancy dancy renaissance artisanal spelt sourdough whole grain tosh for me. :D

Trainfish

Why not? You could make a whole meal out of that!  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Madann01

It was a difficult decision whether or not to post this on the angry thread or start a new very angry thread :veryangry: But following a tantrum and a couple of G&T's my mood has subsided into unhappiness :(
Having spent most of the Xmas and new year period track laying some hidden sidings and loops on my new layout, today was the day to test the track for any bad connections or bumps etc and fix any problems arising before starting on the main part of the layout.
Things started well and all seemed to work well using a trusty old loco to do the testing, so I thought that might take the opportunity. To run some new locos purchased about 5 years ago but have never been out of their boxes :) the first one out spluttered into life moved half an inch and stopped and after about 10 minutes of jerky movements just sat there silently waiting for me to administer the last rights and add it to my growing static loco display cabinet,  :scowl: The second loco was unpacked and set on the rails only to sit there buzzing away merrily but despite some gentle persuasion refused to move at all. :'(

Sorry am becoming angry again so will change thread to the angry thread to continue my rant. :veryangry2:   

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on January 03, 2019, 12:32:07 AM
Why not? You could make a whole meal out of that!  :hmmm:

may be time to wrap this up  :)

getting a pita long in the tooth  :-[

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on December 17, 2018, 09:11:23 PM
Quote from: class37025 on November 30, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
SWMBO dropped a repeat prescription for a couple of her meds in to the GP surgery last week.

phoned the pharmacy monday, got the prescription, but one item needs ordering, will be in tuesday.

phoned tuesday, all in so down there, collected bag of assorted meds, and headed home.

SWMBO opened bag ...

item 1. 2x right item  :thumbsup:
item 2. 2 x 'what the hell are these ?'  :'(

should have been 2 x 200mcg of one thing, but was 2 x 100mcg of something else. label correct, item wrong  >:(

back to pharmacy, collared pharmacist, and by now in full RAFP SNOWDROP 'YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN' mode..  :veryangry:

'don't know how that happened'

not the reply I was looking for !

'well I do. the person who picked the items didn't do their job, and the pharmacist who then checked the items didn't do theirs either. result my wife got wrong meds  :censored:'

he did then replace the items with the correct ones, and I left, carefully noting the grid reference of the pharmacy  >:D

but............
1. what if SWMBO was on her own, and didn't realise the mistake ?
2. what if the wrong meds had reacted with other meds she's on ?
3. how often is this mistake made, in spite of a supposed two person check system ?
4. presumably the wrong items cannot now be given to anyone else, so wastage at what cost ?

so.........

a few wee drams later, and a phone call to NHS England to raise a formal complaint.

now awaiting their response.

am I over-reacting ?

UPDATE
received a letter from NHS England [southeast] a few days later with a form for SWMBO and I to sign to allow them to request her records, talk to surgery, and to pharmacy, and to contact me on her behalf.

also received a phone call from the investigating officer, confirming that they take this very seriously, and will proceed as soon as form returned, which it has been.

good news is SWMBO had another repeat prescription a couple of days ago, to see her over Xmas and New Year [ took the trailer down to collect it  >:D :smiley-laughing: ] and all was correct.

we'll now see what happens in the New Year.

received today a letter from NHS England, together with an enclosed letter from the pharmacy chain head office, which highlighted that the check by the pharmacist manager had not been done properly.
abject apologies, and details of steps taken to prevent a recurrence from the pharmacy chain, plus the comment that 'an alert note has been placed on you wife's records' presumably on the lines of

for f***s sake don't c**k up again on this one, hubby is a pain in the a**e'  :D

as for NHS England, they will be carrying out frequent checks to ensure no recurrence.
so all in all, a positive outcome, and possibly explains my being greeted by the pharmacist manager last week with 'have I upset you, I've been having to fill in piles of forms for NHS England, and it took hours'  :smiley-laughing:
he didn't like my comment that if he'd done his job properly in the first place, he wouldn't have had the forms to fill in  >:D

joe cassidy

Just learned that I will lose my job at the end of the month.

I'm 61 so I don't hold out much hope of ever finding another job :'(

Best regards,

Joe

daveg

Tough news, Joe!

Hope things work out OK.

Dave G

joe cassidy

Thanks a lot Dave.

I'm not the only one.

The company went bust so there are over 200 of us in the same boat.

dannyboy

That's a shock for you, (being polite there!). Hopefully you can find something else and if you can't, I hope it is not too much of a hardship for you.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Hopefully things will work out well for you Joe.
It's a shock at the moment but there just might be light at the end of the tunnel in the end.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

RailGooner

I can only repeat others and say I hope everything works out for you Joe.

Train Waiting

I'm very sorry to hear that.

It's truly horrid news to receive.

All the best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations