Just a question about turnouts.

Started by Grassyfield, December 02, 2023, 06:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassyfield

Sorry i have another question. I was just pushing my little wagon over the turn outs, and for some reason it rocks a bit going over the frog area ( not the joint ) and it looks like one wheel sorta goes off slightly for a second or some thing. Any idea? They are peco code 55 large radius turn outs.

Looks like would derail loco or some thing pretty easily if not super slow. - EDIT

Thank you so much.

PLD

Because the flangeways are over-wide and over-deep to allow for older, coarser wheels, finer wheels will 'drop-in' slightly.
This is nothing to really worry about - there's not usually any derailments at normal running speeds.
If you are running only very modern stock with finer flanges, some modellers do pack the bottom of the flangeway with a shim of thin plasticard to reduce the depth.

Grassyfield

Oh i see. Yeah it might only happen with this wagon but its all i can test with at moment. Cool thanks heaps PLD.

Grassyfield

https://www.mindkits.co.nz/store/p/7362-Hook-up-Stranded-Wire-Black.aspx

Guys can you please confirm if this is ok to use as feeder wire?. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Bealman

That's fine. Are you in New Zealand?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Grassyfield

My bad i only noticed you say that's fine. Yes i am. Thanks heaps mate!!!!!!!!!!.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations