Customer Service? - Rails of Sheffield

Started by mojo, January 10, 2023, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rpaul1145

John P,  Not sure if you are aware but Post Office international parcels service has had a cyber attack on 10 January which had caused them to stop all acceptances and only just resuming service so would imagine will take a while to get back to normal, gues why Rails used alternative carrier.

jpendle

Quote from: Rpaul1145 on February 21, 2023, 10:31:03 PM
John P,  Not sure if you are aware but Post Office international parcels service has had a cyber attack on 10 January which had caused them to stop all acceptances and only just resuming service so would imagine will take a while to get back to normal, guess why Rails used alternative carrier.

Yes I know about that. Unfortunately the Biomass hoppers are a Rails exclusive, so no chance to shop around.
I just tested their website and "ordered" the same items again, it told me that they cannot give a shipping price and would have to calculate it and let me know.
Before the RM hack, I ordered 2 locos from them and they were sent RM at less than half that price.

But I did save £127 in VAT, so it's not too bad  :D

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Graham

I just had 4 packs of the Biomass hoppers sent, and it was £27 for shipping, did think about the courier, but using couriers you always get caught for Australian GST. RM use Australia Post and they typically only charge GST if the shipment is over $1000. It works out better albeit a bit slower to use RM if possible.
They shipped and left the UK last week, now just have to wait for arrival.

Steven B

Quote from: jpendle on February 21, 2023, 09:36:15 PM
So my Biomass wagons are on their way. £42 shipping with a courier rather than RM!

On the bright side, £42 is less expensive than collecting them in person!

Steven B.

joe cassidy

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 14, 2023, 11:15:57 AM
One week ago I ordered one of the new batch of Dapol Britannia locos from Rails (Firth of Clyde).

Since then, their website indicates that my order is "unfulfilled".

Is anyone else waiting on news from Rails about an order for this loco ?

Once Rails despatched the goods everything went smoothly, on both sides of the channel, and I received the loco yesterday?

French customs charges were about 20%, roughly the same as the UK VAT deducted by Rails.

Fardap

Quote from: Toothman on February 21, 2023, 09:24:48 PM
Just bought new dapol 9f digital fitted dead as a dodo rang rails they will ring Wednesday.the decoder is fitted but no noise at all from the loco any body else had the same problem?

Have you tried taking the decoder out, fitting blanking plug (should be in the box) and trying it on DC - if that works then you know it is a decoder issue not a loco issue at least...

Intercity

Rails have always been good at shipping with all the items I bought from them (all royal mail), except for the last one which turned up open and missing contents, 4 class 90s), but that is a different issue, I am waiting to see how it will be resolved as USPS (US side) said it's a RM problem and I've contacted Rails to see what they can do, they said they are waiting to hear from RM, I unfortunately had to dispute the charge as we are 2 months later and in still in possession of very expensive jewel case and detail parts!!!! Hope not missed out of getting some as it seems stocks are kept quite low these days.

As a side note Farish used RM to send me some class 108 bogie pins and 2 bodies for a 37 and 47, arrived timely with no problems although it was a small package.

Portpatrick

I guess most suppliers have their moments.  I used Rails very recently and the relevant loco arrived within 48 hours.  First time I have bought from them for a long time.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations