disposal of surplus items

Started by guest311, August 08, 2019, 01:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

after a chat with the boss [Tank] he said I could list a number of n gauge items for sale as a thread, rather than in the N emporium.

items are still being finalised, but will include mainly Farish class 37s and 47s, together with mk.1 carriages, and possibly Dapol mk.3s.

ALL ITEMS ARE STORED IN JB MODELS FOAM TRAYS, AND WILL NOT BE BOXED.

items will be listed as a price, including recorded p&p, plus a required donation to the forum funds to be made in addition by the buyer.

once items sorted, thread will be updated with the list and prices, and as [hopefully] sold the items will be noted in further updates as sold.

mostly BR blue / grey  stock, but some Scotrail may also be included.

prices will be aimed at recovering what I paid, and not the present listed prices.

regards
alan

crewearpley40

alan

thank you for this. will this be a job lot or are users given the choice to buy and what payment methods please bearing in mind some do not like paypal or use cheques eg BACS be easier ?

exmouthcraig

I'd like to add to this, I have got to know Alan over the last 12/18months through purchasing direct, again all agreed with Tank and each and everytime i have purchased i have made a hopefully significant donation to the forum for the pleasure.

Alan is fantastic to deal with and keeps you updated throughout the delivery process, he normally knows my parcel has failed to deliver before i do.  Prices are very very fair and everything comes well packaged and always immaculate.

I am no relation to Alan other then a very satisfied customer of his and he normally gets a request for items just to see if he has anything available for me.

I'm very glad it's mostly blue grey as I cant sell another kidney  :D

I will be in touch tomorrow Alan once I've collected a very big parcel. The forum coffers will swell tomorrow I'm sure  :beers:

guest311

Quote from: crewearpley40 on August 08, 2019, 01:16:18 PM
alan

thank you for this. will this be a job lot or are users given the choice to buy and what payment methods please bearing in mind some do not like paypal or use cheques eg BACS be easier ?

locos :
this will just be a list of individual items, not a job lot, so pick and mix.

carriages :
these will most likely be listed as rakes, but always open to offers for individual items.

payment will be preferred by paypal, but any other form of beer tokens would be acceptable  :thumbsup:

I will probably list more than I want to sell in all, but this may allow some locos to go, and me retain others to fill my roster once my minimum numbers achieved.

Craig has given me a glowing reference, which I am very grateful for, but hopefully any other members will be equally happy with their purchases.

I am in the process of checking all locos on the test track, and if anyone wants photos when listed, just PM me.

planning revisions for Inverknockie mk.5 continue, and may result in further additions to the list.

crewearpley40

thanks some prefer bacs payments like me then you can donate to tank or buy own beer

njee20

BACS is immeasurably less secure than PayPal, obviously from Alan's perspective it probably doesn't matter, but as a buyer PayPal makes far more sense.

crewearpley40

can understand what your saying - some of us are not that savvy. and i am not going into banking on this forum. i have methods i prefer and can pm once we know what is on offer. thank you alan for posting in the first place

guest311

of course, if any buyer preferred to make the donation to the forum as part of the total that would be ok by me, I would then simply make the donation with a reference to the buyer and item so Tank knew where / who / why it was from.

I find paypal easiest, but it would be up to any buyer as to his/her preferred payment method.

crewearpley40

Newportnobby

Just to preserve peace and keep things confidential I suggest any negotiations, payments, methods thereof etc are made between parties by PM only. It may sound like teaching dear gran to suck eggs but some have been known to put personal details on the open forum. (Not some grans :no:)

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 08, 2019, 02:37:16 PM
Just to preserve peace and keep things confidential I suggest any negotiations, payments, methods thereof etc are made between parties by PM only. It may sound like teaching dear gran to suck eggs but some have been known to put personal details on the open forum. (Not some grans :no:)

how many class 47s shall I put you down for  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

I've got more than enough and they're all two tone green, Alan :P :)

crewearpley40

Ok thanks will wait for the lists

njee20

I think this is the first ever wishlisting thread for a private seller!

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 08, 2019, 03:06:14 PM
I've got more than enough and they're all two tone green, Alan :P :)

repaints / renumbers  >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations