Dapol IC Exec TF and TS

Started by guest311, January 17, 2013, 03:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

I've got a TF and TS in Intercity exec scheme spare from a boxed HST set, and I was thinking of adding buffers and using in a loco hauled rake.

from comparing with a loco hauled mk.3 the frame on the loco hauled one has the buffers cast in, while the hst version just has a plain end.

1. which would be better, drill and fit buffers, or just glue on spares cut off a farish mk.3 ?

2. is there any variation in the IC exec scheme between hst and loco hauled versions ?

3. or, as these are surplus, would it be better to offer for sale ?

cheers
alan

MJKERR

Quote from: class37025 on January 17, 2013, 03:57:30 PM
2. is there any variation in the IC exec scheme between hst and loco hauled versions ?
HST Mark 3 script :
Inter-City 125

LHCS Mark 3A script :
Inter-City

The vents on the roof should also be different, but it looks as if Dapol have missed this one

guest311

Quote from: mjkerr on January 17, 2013, 08:58:03 PM
Quote from: class37025 on January 17, 2013, 03:57:30 PM
HST Mark 3 script :
Inter-City 125

LHCS Mark 3A script :
Inter-City

The vents on the roof should also be different, but it looks as if Dapol have missed this one

the blue / grey mk.3s are as you say, but the hst IC exec ones I've got have only the Intercity, no 125.

MJKERR

Quote from: class37025 on January 17, 2013, 09:02:32 PMthe blue / grey mk.3s are as you say, but the hst IC exec ones I've got have only the Intercity, no 125.
I suggest you search photos in this livery, the correct script is Inter-City 125
From memory Dapol agreed they had made an error
It's enough to fix with Fox Transfers

guest311

cheers, at least that means that the ones I've got just need buffers adding to run as locohauled, unless there are any other differences in schemes between the hst and loco hauled.

looks like I'll just need to superglue some buffers on.

MJKERR

Quote from: class37025 on January 18, 2013, 12:09:06 AM
cheers, at least that means that the ones I've got just need buffers adding to run as locohauled, unless there are any other differences in schemes between the hst and loco hauled.

Looks like you missed my comments about the roof vents being different

guest311

Quote from: mjkerr on January 18, 2013, 12:56:59 AM
Quote from: class37025 on January 18, 2013, 12:09:06 AM

Looks like you missed my comments about the roof vents being different

no, didn't miss it, but can live with the ones on there  ;D

scruff

If the coaches came with the Dapol Executive livery HST set ND122C then the coaches supplied with it were in the intercity swallow livery and the lettering is in Intercity in italics. 42284 was the TS and 41029 was the TF.
These coaches have the darker Falcon grey upper body strip and do not match the previously released loco hauled Dapol mk3 coaches which have a lighter shade of executive dark grey but they are perfect for the swallow livery HST set.
The only other difference between the released models is the buffers.
Hope that helps..
Cheers
Mark

guest311

Hi Mark,

yep, those are the carriage numbers, so they are swallow scheme, but didn't that have a swallow marking IIRC, so a double oops for dapol  ;D

cheers
alan

scruff

yes, I just checked mine and those two coaches don't have the swallow motif on the door windows.. I never noticed until now! I don't think all coaches had the swallow motifs on the door windows though..
Cheers
Mark

MJKERR

Quote from: scruff on January 18, 2013, 05:14:16 PMI don't think all coaches had the swallow motifs on the door windows though..
You will need to refer to photos, as not all coaches had these fitted to the door windows
Equally, virtually no Mark 2 coaches had these

scruff

I just spent an hour searching and can't find a single photo of a mark 3 coach with swallow motif on them!
Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations