Email Scam

Started by Ditape, December 17, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

WARNING:- a new scam they are pretending to be from TV licencing to get your details, The web site is very convincing.
Diane Tape

Malc

I had one of those last week. However they failed to appreciate that I don't have a TV license. It's in my wife's name.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

zwilnik

I had one last week too, which initially had me wondering if I was still being billed for a TV license I wasn't using. The reply-to address was valid but the link address was tvlicensingco  uk rather than tvlicensing co uk, which was when I realised it was a phishing attempt.

chrism

Someone posted it as a warning on our local facebook group - the giveaway, for me, was the poor English grammar and attempt to write "poshly", what I usually think of as fluent Nigerian  ;)

Philip.

If these sort of emails don't address me by name, then in the bin they go, don't care who they pretend to be from  ;)

guest311

had one of these a few weeks ago, but we pay ours by direct debit, so they know where to credit any refund, so as always .....

IN THE BIN

though a very nice gentleman offered to pay me a fee for helping him to move funds out of Nigeria ....

pity he picked on an ex snowdrop / fur box mechanic  >:D

couldn't consider anything so illegal,

unless for a much higher fee :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations