Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Sorry to hear about SWMBO Alan, hopefully it is just a bit of a setback.  At least the Doctor/Surgery seem to be doing what they can. :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I hope all goes well for your good lady, Alan. Bearing in mind ambulance response times maybe your own transport would be quicker if it comes to it :hmmm:

stevewalker

Fingers crossed for you both.

Malc

Get an ambulance if you can. When I got a taxi in, I waited 15 hours in A&E. When I got taken in by ambulance, I was admitted straight away.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Presumably you then woke up, Malc?
How long ago was this please?

Browning 9mm

firstly, thank you all for your good wishes from SWMBO.

two lovely ladies turned in an ambulance, gave her a good check over, gave her oxygen, and decided she did most definitely need to be in hospital.

youger daugther can down and has gone with her with a bag with her meds, clean jamas etc.
I'll swap over later.

hopefully IV meds will improve things, and she will be home soon.

she has to be, I got sprouts for christmas dinner  :hmmm:

Malc

Hi Mick,
Feb 21 I was admitted by ambulance with covid. Straight into a bed. December 21 I had atrial fibrillation and took a taxi. 15 hours in A&E.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on December 21, 2022, 05:11:12 PM
Hi Mick,
Feb 21 I was admitted by ambulance with covid. Straight into a bed. December 21 I had atrial fibrillation and took a taxi. 15 hours in A&E.

Hi Malc,
When my mother had her fall and broke her hip back in April this year, she dragged herself to her phone, called 999 and was told an ambulance could take up to 11 hours. As it was it took 5 hours.
One week later she passed away in hospital.
I know, I know- this shouldn't be in the Happy Thread at all.

Malc

The problem is that calling an ambulance is a bit of a lottery. I was lucky, it took about 10 minutes to get here, but with the funding cuts there is a lack of vehicles and drivers, so as your mum found out, it can take ages. I don't blame the crews, it's not their fault.

Bob G

Company Christmas Party - Ukrainian Style

Nataliia's sister Helena arrived last night for a brief Christmas visit.

She brought some drinks for the Company Christmas Party. I don't think we will be answering the phones Friday afternoon. There are no health warnings on these drinks! Homemade Tincture indeed.

1. Vodka, chili, pepper, honey, lemon, rosemary, allspice, nutmeg
2. Vodka, horseradish, honey

Merry Christmas everybody!

The Q

I'm sat in a hotel bar having a drink...  :beers:  Awaiting the others for the section Christmas dinner.
That's the happy bit.
The unhappy bit is it's my last one,
The next happy bit is that's because I'm now retired!!!  :bounce:

emjaybee

Quote from: Bob G on December 22, 2022, 11:07:27 AM
Company Christmas Party - Ukrainian Style

Nataliia's sister Helena arrived last night for a brief Christmas visit.

She brought some drinks for the Company Christmas Party. I don't think we will be answering the phones Friday afternoon. There are no health warnings on these drinks! Homemade Tincture indeed.

1. Vodka, chili, pepper, honey, lemon, rosemary, allspice, nutmeg
2. Vodka, horseradish, honey

Merry Christmas everybody!

You are aware that 'Allspice' is an aftershave, right?

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bob G

I want to know how she got them on the plane in hand luggage. The handbag she asked me to carry to the car contained about 15kg of belly pork fat and spicy sausages as well as the vodka. Apparently you are supposed to take a pinch of salt, a slice of belly pork fat, and a shot of vodka. There are two things I'm leaving off that list :) 

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on December 22, 2022, 04:50:58 PM
I want to know how she got them on the plane in hand luggage. The handbag she asked me to carry to the car contained about 15kg of belly pork fat and spicy sausages as well as the vodka. Apparently you are supposed to take a pinch of salt, a slice of belly pork fat, and a shot of vodka. There are two things I'm leaving off that list :)

If you remove the vodka and belly pork fat you're left with, oh yes, a pinch of salt ;)

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 22, 2022, 04:52:57 PM
Quote from: Bob G on December 22, 2022, 04:50:58 PM

If you remove the vodka and belly pork fat you're left with, oh yes, a pinch of salt ;)

The whole procedure sounds quite vomit inducing.

:sick2:

(This from the guy who once drank 2 litres of neat Vodka over the course of 24hrs. It's not recommended, please don't try it, it wasn't clever, it resulted in near paralysis, almost an A&E visit, and two weeks of chronic kidney pain. Didn't touch Vodka again for almost 20yrs.)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77