Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: daffy on April 16, 2017, 07:03:02 AM
Nice to know I'm not alone Jimbo.  :)
Likewise Daffy. Never been interested in football. Especially as the TV always gives preference to football rather than all the programmes that we usually watch.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

I'm happy to be a gridiron fan rather than soccer :D
It's a long time between seasons, though :(

Bob Tidbury

Been down the shed today with my mate Graeme he ran the layout  while I had another go at the scenics on the extension , I dont know why but since my best mate Cyril passed away I get times when I just lose interest and just cant seem to get motivated ,then I have another go till something goes wrong and I stop again .
I have now promised Graeme I will go down tomorrow on my own and do a bit more of the hill in the corner .But it depends on the weather and what Val wants to do .
I need someone to give me a kick up the rear to get my mojo back on a regular basis I need to get the extension board finished .
Bob Tidbury

daveg

I think we all have periods where we run out of steam/diesel.

Stepping back for a few days will often get 'things' back to where you'd want them to be.

Hope that works for you and look forward to hearing you are getting back in the swing.

Good luck!

:beers:

Dave G

daffy

You need to install one of these Bob. My wife says it will do wonders for me when she's not in the house to do it herself:

(Image from YouTube)

Seriously though, motivation is something many take for granted, but I fully appreciate how hard it can be sometimes just to get the old mojo working. My wife is an excellent motivator (in the kindest way) but sometimes a swift boot into my derrière might produce better results. One side effect could be that you wouldn't feel like sitting down so you have to find something to do!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Daveg I now have a better idea of where Im heading with the extension so I will try and keep my promise to my mate Graeme and go down tomorrow  ,I think if I could find a set of backscenes that would suit the layout or someone with artistic talent to paint one it might  give me a bit more encouragement.
The problem I find with backcenes is finding something that blends with what Ive  got on the layout allready without looking silly .
For intance at Southwold show one year there was a really brilliant layout the scenery was absolutely stunning ,BUT WHAT SPOILT IT ,THEY HAD A MAIN ROAD GOING ACROSS THE LAYOUT AND AT THE END OF THE ROAD ON THE BACKSCENE  WAS A HUGE OAK TREE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.
As some one else said We get ideas in our heads and sometimes the ideas are hard to fullfill because we cant be good at everything .
I will get there in the end even if I imagine the backscene is there but is just a blank wall.
Thanks for the  diagram daffy but Woodwork and buildings are two things Im useless at ,Can you buy that contraption on the internet ?
Bob Tidbury

daveg

I have one backscene but need another 3 and struggling to find something that really suits, particularly behind the main station. To make life a bit more challenging, that part of the layout is immediately in front of a window - blinds fully closed.

As a temporary 'distraction', I have some sky blue (ish) card that is far from brilliant but sufficient that I can ignore it for the mo and focus on the main layout.

Have you tried Google-ing 'Ar**-selfkicker' to see what you get?  :D

Dave G

Bob, I hope you get your mojo back soon, the photos in your link look amazing.

I'm having a happy day today, finally finished sorting out my loft. The last 3 days have been spent bringing everything down, sorting and clearing and putting what's left back up in an organised fashion. 6 car loads of junk to the tip (a lot of empty cardboard boxes from toys and electrical items long gone), 1 car load to the charity shop with another car load to go on Tuesday. Amazing how much junk has been accumulated over the past 18 years. As I mentioned in my own thread, rediscovered all my old N-gauge models and accessories in several boxes, its all in one covered plastic box and easily accessible so I can get it down when I want to.  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Just got back from Mum's. Been round there and got fed up :D :food:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on April 16, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

You lucky man  :thumbsup:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 16, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

You can't beat mum's cooking - well not as a rule!  ;)

Dave G

Bealman

Oddly enough, Mrs B cooked a roast lunch yesterday which is a fairly rare event, so I guess it must be Easter.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on April 17, 2017, 07:07:11 AM
Oddly enough, Mrs B cooked a roast lunch yesterday which is a fairly rare event, so I guess it must be Easter.  ;)

Eaten (all) the chocolate eggs yesterday. We're having our Easter feast tonight.  :foodanddrink:

Dave G

Mito

Quote from: Bealman on April 17, 2017, 07:07:11 AM

Kangaroo? :D
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Kangaroo is available here, even in some restaurants. I tried it once, hard to put into words, really, but it tasted just like I expected kangaroo to taste. Kangaroo.

I know that doesn't make sense.

Anyway I didn't like it.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations