Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on September 12, 2015, 04:23:11 PM
I've got some sachets of powdered water but don't know what to dilute them with :dunce:
If its the same as dehydrated water just open the packet put it out with the washing on Monday mornings
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MalcolmInN

Who remembers Road Runner - Wylie E Coyote gets out his tin of ACME dehydrated boulders and a water pistol , ,

Newportnobby

Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 12, 2015, 06:52:09 PM
Who remembers Road Runner - Wylie E Coyote gets out his tin of ACME dehydrated boulders and a water pistol , ,

I'll never forget them. They used to have my Dad and I in stitches every time. :smiley-laughing:

Sprintex

Newportnobby

Invariably involving trains emerging from tunnels whilst Wile E. Coyote just held up a  :help: sign ;D

Sprintex

Either that or falling/being propelled off a cliff with accompanying "wheeeeeeee" and the little puff of dust when he hit the bottom :laugh:

Paul

MalcolmInN

Even in those long ago years I found it hilarious that Newton and even Einstein's General Relativity could be suspended until realisation dawned that there was, underneath  no cliff / branch / other support, existentialism eat your heart out :)
hav'nt found a clip of the episode I was thinking about but have found this ACME advisory :-
"make sure you are not standing UNDER the boulder when it is rehydrated"

Jack

Oh thanks for the happy thoughts of Wylie and Roadrunner!!  :smiley-laughing: As daft as they were, you always had a good laugh.  Off over to google & youtube for some chuckle muscle medication.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Skyline2uk

One of my favourite Road Runner moments actually came on the 2004 film "Loony Toons, back in the action"....

From memory (I was hung-over watching the film as a cure with an equally over-refreshed friend), Coyote was trying to run-over Road Runner with a train and, his luck being what it is, it didn't work out.

Anyway, when realising this, he simply held up a sign saying

"They don't pay me enough"

Got a laugh from the entire audience....

Skyline2uk 

MikeDunn

Just uploaded my OU project report ... a tad under 13,000 words over 51 pages (going to 184 pages and 35,700 words including the appendices ) ...

Now to recover for 3 months & worry about the result  :worried: ... I guess this means I can do some work on the layout  ::)

port perran

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 13, 2015, 07:52:59 PM
Just uploaded my OU project report ... a tad under 13,000 words over 51 pages (going to 184 pages and 35,700 words including the appendices ) ...

Now to recover for 3 months & worry about the result  :worried: ... I guess this means I can do some work on the layout  ::)
Bet you are pleased that it's finished.
Might we be nosey and ask the topic of project ?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

MikeDunn

Sure; it was a "Due Diligence Data Gathering Application with Associated Database" - catchy title, eh  :P   Done in Java with a SQL Anywhere database

Newportnobby

Sounded more like "When is a model railway layout finished - An open ended debate" :D

railsquid

Excellent - I just realised BachFar has finally smuggled some Mk2a-c coaches in blue/grey onto the market. Click, add in a couple of bargains, swipe ooh they deduct VAT too  :D

MikeDunn

have split a bottle of Chocolate wine with SWMBO (very nice !), and helped make a batch of custard creams (delicious !  And before anyone says 'they're not real ones without the baked-in decor', the cutter we have puts the top face on them too  :P) ...

So why am I feeling I'm missing something ... hmmm, see the Unhappy thread ...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations