Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

My wife told me I me I was "right" yesterday!

That surely is worth a "Happy Post" after all my grumbling in the last week or so!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Malc

Quote from: lionwing on July 29, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
My wife told me I me I was "right" yesterday!

That surely is worth a "Happy Post" after all my grumbling in the last week or so!
Don't get lured into a false sense of security, after all "right" is just the opposite of "left" and does not necessarily mean "correct" :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

lionwing

Malc...it is the first time in twenty four years...I'ill take it and my chances for now!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

railsquid

Now I'm on the scenery warpath I just discovered (on the basis of a suggestion by Mrs. Railsquid) that a chain of stationery/arts supply stores here in Japan have a good selection of architectural modelling supplies, which provided a decent (and sometimes even cheaper) alternative to the scenery products on offer in model railway stores.

railsquid

Well bless me old mum, I just found a small packet when I got home which included three unopened packets of Hornby (!) scenic flock in shades I don't happen to have she found on a charity stall.

daveg

That's really nice, RS!

Mums are very special - I think everyone should have one!  :)

Dave G

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 25, 2015, 03:34:47 PM

Further Googling shows it must be the Pretendolino Book Set ...

Just curious here - the term 'Book Set' is a fairly new one to me but the concept certainly isn't. Hornby introduced train sets without tracks back in the 1960s allowing those with layouts to introduce a new train without having tracks they might not need.
But where did the term 'book set' come from? In what sense do the trains come in books?
As I say, I'm just being curious here.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

NeMo

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on August 01, 2015, 07:58:37 AM
But where did the term 'book set' come from? In what sense do the trains come in books?
I think it simply means they're packaged like books in a slipcase, in such a way the package can be slid onto a bookcase. Packaging produced this way can have details on the 'spine' and the whole things more classy than a stack of four or five small cardboard boxes.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: railsquid on July 31, 2015, 01:52:54 PM
Well bless me old mum, I just found a small packet when I got home which included three unopened packets of ...

By the time I'd read this far I was wondering just where that post was taking us!  :-[  :o

Glad to see it was only about scenic materials though.
:D
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

MalcolmInN

Happy today,
went to see the Doc. all is as well as can be expected under the circumstances,
but the happy making bit was :-

Arrived there the usual 10mins or so before,
log in on the touch screen, "Doc Soandso knows you are waiting and is running on time "
Yeh, shur that's what it always says
looking forward to the usual 30/40min loss of real life, sits down.
Well nearly had a heart attack, called in 5mins later, a good 5mins ahead of time !
That must be a first in (shhh) how many years !

Newportnobby

I have a need to replace 3 double glazed windows and, based on some work my Mum had done to replace 1, estimated I'd need to spend between £1200-£1500 so was very happy to get a quote for just under £1000. Now before you think I'm going to dash off and buy a couple of locos (it did cross my mind), I'm using the 'saving' to balance the £200 bill I got for replacing the mechanism on my front door last week (see Angry Thread) :)

jonclox

Asked for quotes on Saturday and had the chimney and a few roof repairs done today.
A bit worried knowing the horror stories flying round about rogue roofers but Im happy with whats been done, and it was done within the financial  limits I had imposed  :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Did they accept your florins, crowns and tanners, Jon? (I thought it best not to mention threepenny bits)

Bob Tidbury

I'm a really happy guy today ,It's our 33rd year wedding aniversary and Amazed that Val had put up with me for so long .Without her we wouldn't have three wonderful children ,No grandson ALFIE  soon a granddaughter  Ella, We'd have no house of our own ,no cars, no money No shed with my layout ,BUT double the huge collection of  rolling stock and Locos I've got.
But at the end of the day I'm glad I've still got her she is worth twice as much as my Railway Collection I couldn't live without her she is my ROCK I love her so much.
I think she is magic with money she should be chancellor of the exchequer and then the country wouldn't be in so much debt.
Here's to the rest of my life with her.
Bob

Malc

Congratulations Bob, here's to the next 33 years.  :beers:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations