Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

A very scary time for you and your family Trevor.

Brilliant news that all turned out well.

Dave G

daveg

Good news then Jon.

Glad to hear it and as mentioned before Hurrah for your new doc!

Dave G

Newportnobby

That must have been pretty horrible, Trevor :o
So pleased all turned out well.

Geoff

Just had great news today my youngest lad has just got himself a job yippee, after getting him through Uni and looking for work for the last 19 months it looks like its all paying off.

You know I was so worried for him not having a job and it was taking its toll on me and now I can relax knowing all my lads are settled in work, going to get drunk tonight.

:beers:
Geoff

jonclox

:) That's great news Geoff for him and or course you. My eldest  got his maths degree about 10 years ago and still hasn't managed to find a job  >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Geoff

Quote from: jonclox on June 26, 2015, 11:47:53 AM
:) That's great news Geoff for him and or course you. My eldest  got his maths degree about 10 years ago and still hasn't managed to find a job  >:(

It is so tough out there Jon and even though my lad has gone into a career job it was not what he was looking for but he is happy to get into a job with prospects, I do hope your son can find something soon and I wish him luck for the future.
Geoff

Bob Tidbury

Yippee I just can't believe the two letters I've just received from HM Revinue & Customs they've overcharged me last year and have sent me a cheque for £335, not that I will see any of it , but it means we won't have to worry about bills for a while.
What a fantastic result just glad it's not the first of April and hope they don't send a follow up saying it's all a big mistake cause they ain't getting it back not no how.
Bob

Geoff

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on June 26, 2015, 12:01:25 PM
Yippee I just can't believe the two letters I've just received from HM Revinue & Customs they've overcharged me last year and have sent me a cheque for £335, not that I will see any of it , but it means we won't have to worry about bills for a while.
What a fantastic result just glad it's not the first of April and hope they don't send a follow up saying it's all a big mistake cause they ain't getting it back not no how.
Bob

Well done Bob the wife has had a £40 rebate at least its money coming back in.
Geoff

paulprice

Fantastic news, now we should all buy some new trains

lionwing

Someday the simplest of things create a memory...

While heading out to work this morning I said to my youngest son.."Have a nice day at school, see you later"...the smile I was rewarded with for this everyday comment really made by day!

I haven't stopped grinning at the smile he gave me!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

scotsoft

Quote from: lionwing on June 26, 2015, 02:00:35 PM

While heading out to work this morning I said to my youngest son.."Have a nice day at school, see you later"...the smile I was rewarded with for this everyday comment really made by day!

Now the challenge is to capture that smile in a photograph  :camera:

cheers John.

DELETED

Well amongst all the hassle I'm having with everything else at the moment I booked my Elgrand 8 seater van in for an MOT a month early -entirely anticipating a fail and advisories so I had time to fix them.  I always worry about emissions and it's a big engine being a 3.2 Turbo diesel

R reg and 17 years old now (probably 18 since it originally rolled off the line in Japan).  No advisories, clean pass!!!  That's a big weight off my mind :claphappy:

lionwing

Quote from: scotsoft on June 26, 2015, 11:37:33 PM
Quote from: lionwing on June 26, 2015, 02:00:35 PM

Now the challenge is to capture that smile in a photograph  :camera:

cheers John.

He quite enjoys having his photograph taken but if he isn't in the mood...boy do you know about it!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

GeeBee

Out of Hospital after heart attack just been cleared back to normal occupations with the rider not to over do things but after 2 weeks in there I am looking forward to playing Exercising the loco's for a couple of hours after I have cleaned the track.

scotsoft

Quote from: GeeBee on June 29, 2015, 03:17:33 PM
Out of Hospital after heart attack just been cleared back to normal occupations with the rider not to over do things but after 2 weeks in there I am looking forward to playing Exercising the loco's for a couple of hours after I have cleaned the track.

That is great news to hear  :thumbsup:

Take it easy cleaning your track, then at least you can over exercise your locos whilst taking it easy  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations