Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

That's good to hear. Keep it up but without overdoing it :thumbsup:

keerout

Hi folks,
Just now, my landship trainpack arrived! in one piece and in good working order and looking gorgeous!  :claphappy: :bounce:  :heart2:
Compliments to Rails for the bomb-proof packing and swift delivery.
Pickies later....
Gerard  :wave:

MattJ

Just a tad bemused, in addition to the decoder eventually turning up from DCC supplies, I seem to have recieved and additional one... should I call DCC Supplies and call them (guilty conscience!)   :hmmm:
They're there for their tea.

StormyOutlook

I passed an exam today, this now means I have far more free time for N gauge, oh and gardening, now it's the summer...

scotsoft

Quote from: StormyOutlook on May 29, 2015, 04:26:01 PM
I passed an exam today, this now means I have far more free time for N gauge, oh and gardening, now it's the summer...

Congratulations on your success, it is always a good feeling to get another pass  :thumbsup:

Not very keen on gardening, although I do admire a well turned out garden.

However I am all in favour of more n gauge time  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

daveg

Congrats SO!

Look forward to seeing what you're up to  - N gauge-wise of course - with all that free time!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: StormyOutlook on May 29, 2015, 04:26:01 PM
oh and gardening, now it's the summer...

It is? I mean, is it? Must have blinked and missed it :doh:
Great news about your exam, though :thumbsup:

Bob Tidbury

I recently lost the destination blind off of my 108  I sent an Email to Farish to see if they had any spares I got an auto message back saying that they would contact me ,But what a surprise when the postman came this morning there was a letter from Bachman Farish with a free Blackpool destination board,It's nice to know that that you can get service sometimes I even rang them to say Thankyou spoke to a nice guy called Roger.
Not only that but the Buffalo arrived from my friends in Canada along with a Royal Canadian Policeman although he is more like 0 gauge than N.
Today started out being a bad day but has turned out a great day it's really cheered me up.
Bob

Caz

Great news Bob, nice to know that we still get good service from some suppliers, thanks for posting.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on June 01, 2015, 11:47:23 AM

Not only that but the Buffalo arrived from my friends in Canada along with a Royal Canadian Policeman although he is more like 0 gauge than N.
Bob

Hi Bob. Have you seen the size of real 'Mounties'? No wonder they always get their man!  :laugh:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Bob Tidbury

While on my only ever real holiday two years ago .The weather in Canada was the worst they had for years .One morning Val And I went for a walk on the shore of Lake Louise  it was frozen and they had a ski rink and ice hockey rink .Val said she was getting cold when we got back to our room we put the Tele on and the temperature was minus 35 .
In Calgary it was heavy snow so we didn't go out much Our friends took me to Two model railway shops and we went to two shopping malls but didn't see one Mountie not even a model of one apart from a teddy Mountie .
Still it was a holiday I will never forget so many first time things .
First time in a plane, first time abroad, first time in a real hotel and so on ,all paid for by our son he even paid for my first ever passport.
Bob

steve836

are going to Cornwall for a fortnight soon, ok but nothing special, then SWMBO suggested "why don't we go a couple of days early and stop near that place you want to visit?" So have booked two nights at a campsite just down the road from Pecorama------ Result! :claphappy:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

Steve, you obviously have an understanding, (and nice), lady.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: steve836 on June 03, 2015, 10:04:14 PM
are going to Cornwall for a fortnight soon, ok but nothing special, then SWMBO suggested "why don't we go a couple of days early and stop near that place you want to visit?" So have booked two nights at a campsite just down the road from Pecorama------ Result! :claphappy:

Hi Steve. If you haven't been before it is a great day out and your wife will love it too. I last visited it with my stepfather, mother and others some years ago. Mum has a passing interest in trains but stepfather - his opinion of trains, and 'toy' ones even more so - has to be  :censored: but even he enjoyed the visit, mainly due, it must be said, to the marvellous gardens there.
And while you are there, the Seaton tramway is worth a trip too.

And I almost forgot. If your wife does enjoy Pecorama then there is an excellent layout at Mevagissey (World of Railways) that you might be able to visit too. Good luck.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

jonclox

:thumbsup: Following orders from my new GP I went to our local `orspital to have my chest photographed  :worried:
The visit is a `drop in' service between 8-30 and 4-30. Its always been a case of getting there early and hoping to get out by tea time.
Yesterday we turned up just after 2PM and joined the others waiting to honour their appointments
At 7 minutes past 2 we booked in and were sent to sit down and wait our turn. At 10 minutes past we were called through to the changing area. As I was in the wheelchair I was wheeled straight in and allowed to strip down to the waist in the actual Xray room :doh:.
The raddiogr photographer was exceedingly kind and helpful and after the required snapshot I was helped to get dressed.
By 2-30 we were out of the building,back in the wifes car and on our way home.
That's got to be some sort of record for that department and building  :thumbsup:
Well done the NHS  :claphappy: :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP