Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: dannyboy on January 15, 2015, 11:13:00 PM
After 15 years made the final payment on the mortgage on the 6th January  :claphappy: On Friday 9th got a letter from the Building Society confirming that the account is now cleared and they enclosed a cheque for €40 as I had overpaid! Which all means of course, that I can start spending money on my coffee table layout  :claphappy:

Congratulations, that is a good millstone to get rid off  :D

cheers John.

dannyboy

I must admit, it is a nice thought when you walk through the door and think "we own this"! There is a down side though - my better half has already started dropping hints about what we can do with the money, like "we can go and look at one of the big shopping centres we have not been to, there is a newish one near Dublin". Naturally I add that I will see if there is a model shop nearby  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob Tidbury

There is a downside to owning your own house we've just had an expensive roof repair  so I've had to tell Ben A I won't be able to get the Poppylino ,now we've got a leak in the bathroom to get fixed but it's still nice to know the house is all ours
Bob
Do we need an unhappy thread ??

daveg

Sorry the repair bill will stall your order, Bob. Hope it proves to be a cheaper fix than first thought.

Having very recently moved into our 'forever' home, we are now spotting the problems that come with any, OK, most houses. Just this week we have discovered a leaky shower, drips in the conservatory (not me!) and a sulky oil-fired boiler.

Despite all of that, we are more than happy that our place is bought and paid for. Congrats to those that have just reached that milestone.

Dave G

mr bachmann

Quote from: dannyboy on January 15, 2015, 11:13:00 PM
After 15 years made the final payment on the mortgage on the 6th January  :claphappy: On Friday 9th got a letter from the Building Society confirming that the account is now cleared and they enclosed a cheque for €40 as I had overpaid! Which all means of course, that I can start spending money on my coffee table layout  :claphappy:

congratulations  , its nice to here you haven't left the odd 50 pence owing and the deeds are with the mortgage lender - that way you could have been at loss  :-X

I've enjoyed rent free living for over 20 years ,

But to-day I was happy I received my Flying Scotsman pocket watch from Atlas Editions and for £2-99 its a nice time piece ....   
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVyrDrSL2oIU&ei=1oC6VI2bB4HjUPObgPAG&usg=AFQjCNEXrrHQNuE6BpQuJxvYzq1Dae4Kig&bvm=bv.83829542,d.d24

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

My sight has normalised, I have new glasses and I have celebrated!

NO, not with alcohol but something much more exciting!

Last year I bought (2) Fleischmann locomotives (2.6.0T's) on Ebay as non-runners!

I have dismantled them, cleaned almost everything in Isopropyl , especially the brushes and holders and under test they are both working perfectly!!

The same applies to a Minitrix 9F "Evening Star" that was also a non-runner, now that too is in use!

I am indeed a happy man again!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Bob Tidbury

That really is good news Peter I hope that you remain OK now .
Bob

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

zwilnik

That's excellent news Peter!

Avis1434

Great news Peter. Keep well :claphappy:

We'll be hearing more from you in the near future  ;) ;)

daveg

Very pleased to read your news, Peter!  :claphappy:

Well done also for getting the locos up and running.

Looking forward to your next update.

Dave G

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

REGP

Great news on both fronts Peter :claphappy:

Ray

Newportnobby

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on January 22, 2015, 12:29:37 PM
Friends,

Regards, Peter.

Fantastic news, Peter :claphappy:
Time to update your avatar so we can 'see the new you', then ;)

Geoff

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on January 22, 2015, 12:29:37 PM
Friends,

NO, not with alcohol but something much more exciting!

Last year I bought (2) Fleischmann locomotives (2.6.0T's) on Ebay as non-runners!

I have dismantled them, cleaned almost everything in Isopropyl , especially the brushes and holders and under test they are both working perfectly!!

The same applies to a Minitrix 9F "Evening Star" that was also a non-runner, now that too is in use!

Regards, Peter.

Peter I am happy you have your sight back to normal.
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations