Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Hmm, interesting. We don't have that here - well not where I live, anyway. Dunno about Sydney and places like that.

Bring back the days when kids weren't allowed in pubs at all, I say.  >:(

On the plus side, though, I'm quite partial to the pub food over there which wasn't around in those days.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tdm

When it comes to drinking - the Rule (enforced) in our Complex is that if you drink in the (outside) Bar area you get a glass, but if you want to take it to the Pool area it must be in a plastic container - simple common (safety) sense.

Most people respect this - but there are always one or two holidaymakers who leave their brains on the Airport Runway, and have to be told what the rules are, and how to behave.

Beer doesn't taste quite the same in a plastic container in my opinion, so if I am out sunbathing & swimming and need a drink, I stay near the Bar and drink my Carling in a glass.
Anyone who has seen the latest Carling adds on TV will appreciate that "It's not quite Carling" if it's served in plastic!

Bob Tidbury

Today I'm very happy it's our 32 year aniversary but might not be in a couple of weeks time we both had our eyes tested today My Wife needs new glasses so she might change her mind when the new glasses turn up I wouldn't change herfor even the Blue Pulman or the Arnold Brighton Belle.or even both
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 13, 2014, 12:45:43 PM
Today I'm very happy it's our 32 year aniversary but might not be in a couple of weeks time we both had our eyes tested today My Wife needs new glasses so she might change her mind when the new glasses turn up I wouldn't change herfor even the Blue Pulman or the Arnold Brighton Belle.or even both
Bob

Many congratulations to you both, Bob :beers:

Bob Tidbury

:thankyousign:Newportnobby I might even give up my usual evening down the shed with my mates and take Val out for a meal.Now where did I put those McDonalds Free Vouchers.
Bob

daveg

Congrats!

Have a great evening!  :beers:

Dave G

Malc

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 13, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
:thankyousign:Newportnobby I might even give up my usual evening down the shed with my mates and take Val out for a meal.Now where did I put those McDonalds Free Vouchers.
Bob
Nice to see someone pushing the boat out Bob. Be careful she doesn't get a taste for it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 13, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Bob

You certainly know how to treat a lady Bob....... :D

Congratulations,hope you enjoy your big mac and fries..... :D

Bob Tidbury

I do know how to treat a Lady but I was talking about Val my wife,
Only joking thank for your kind remarks we had dinner early to beat the crowd and now just chilling out Then it's out to the chippy next week for her Birthday treat.
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 13, 2014, 08:54:59 PM
I do know how to treat a Lady but I was talking about Val my wife,
Only joking thank for your kind remarks we had dinner early to beat the crowd and now just chilling out Then it's out to the chippy next week for her Birthday treat.
Bob

At this rate you'll have to change your forum name to 'Spud' :laugh:

Skyline2uk

Hello everyone.

I have absent from these pages for a good few weeks. Occasionally I have been loitering reading the odd post (the news from DJM for example) but not contributing.

The reasons for this are many, but I will summarise by saying; I have been working really hard. Once or twice I have questioned "is it all worth it?" but then today I caught myself and said:

"You silly boy! Don't you realise how much you have to be happy about right now!"

So, I decided to break my silence by posting on this particular thread my very own reasons to be cheerful!

1) Back in early April I came across an internal advert for a role at work which would be a big promotion for me. In the past I did try for such a role and, despite some good feedback, it was obvious I was not experienced enough. Well to cut a long story short, I got it  :)

So, since the end of April, I have been in this new role, which frankly could not have come at a better time to help finance.....

2) My very own home   :D

We put an offer in and had it accepted 6th March. After what I am told is only a slightly longer than normal sale period (certainly was a bit stressful  :worried:), we had keys by 11th July.

We also were somewhat naive in assuming the level of work that would need to be done to bring the house into a decent state inside. It turns out 4 straight weekends and many many visits to a certain orange DIY chain, we have made lots of progress.

Most pertinent  to this forum is the first room we tackled and finished thanks to a huge effort from beloveds dad and myself what is officially "The man cave":

So happy that Filton TMD has a permanent home  :) Sure, it will occasionally be used to accommodate visitors, but majority of the time it's a proper  railway room  :D

3) Which is just as well, as I have NEVER got a better parcel than the one that arrived a week ago.

I have been hinting that this would be a great year, and the above two points have made it just that. However a week ago I for filed a 20 year ambition and became the (VERY) proud owner of my own, as commissioned by me, CJM locomotive:

I am very much  :bounce: about this. Its thanks to my mum, my partner, her sister and her parents that my Christmas and Birthday present was this amazing model.

92022 "Sir Charles Dickens" is in her (his?!) original livery, with one end super detailed.  I will put more pictures up on my layout thread when I am brave enough to take it out of the box  :worried:

So, sorry if this seemed  like me boasting. It isn't. It is me being generally thankful for the things that have occurred. It's also therapy as I have had some hard days at work and evenings in the house (paint, rollers, more paint, ARG!) and I felt I should take stock.

Oh and finally:

Nuff said  :D

Skyline2uk 

Newportnobby

So glad to see life is improving for you :claphappy:
However, sorry but I prefer the cat to the class 92 :)

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Well I am NOT spraying it green Nobby  :P

P.S. Lady of the house agrees ref kittens  :doh:

Skyline2uk

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on August 17, 2014, 09:49:37 PM
However, sorry but I prefer the cat to the class 92 :)
Wot he said  :laughabovepost:  Sweet - how long before they're all over the layout though ...  ::)

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 17, 2014, 09:56:29 PM
P.S. Lady of the house agrees ref kittens  :doh:
[
LOL, she has good taste  :thumbsup:

daveg

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%