What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

The shop you visit sounds interesting Dave :thumbsup:.......how about a few pics next time you are there ;D

Lawrence

And pictures of the chopped locos would be good too, my previous layout was Baltimore & Ohio RR so I do have an interest in the American stuff

longbridge

Quote from: Dock Shunter on March 02, 2011, 10:27:56 PM
The shop you visit sounds interesting Dave :thumbsup:.......how about a few pics next time you are there ;D

Hi there Dock, he will be closed this Saturday because he is taking his family for a steam train trip, will take some pictures next Saturday.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: Lawrence on March 03, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
And pictures of the chopped locos would be good too, my previous layout was Baltimore & Ohio RR so I do have an interest in the American stuff

Hi Lawrence, the front, back and cabs on the locos have been changed, the idea was to make them look like they were made in the USA for some other market.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Some right curious beasts there Dave, not without the bounds of reason to expect to see something like that working in one of the poorer South American Countries  or the Caribbean even - ooh layout ideas there  ;)

ninjasloth

:wave:Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum having recently returned to railway modelling.

Tank

Welcome from me Ninjasloth!  :wave:

Cuppa on the way.   ;D

Lawrence

Hi ninjasloth, good to have you on here, why dont you introduce yourself to the rest of the members on here, and if you have a layout, feel free to start a topic on it.

Welcome aboard

longbridge

Quote from: Lawrence on March 04, 2011, 09:50:37 AM
Some right curious beasts there Dave, not without the bounds of reason to expect to see something like that working in one of the poorer South American Countries  or the Caribbean even - ooh layout ideas there  ;)

Thanks for the encouragement Lawrence, I have built many layouts that use either British, American or Japanese models but my object with this layout is to be original and different.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 05, 2011, 09:47:49 AM
Quote from: Lawrence on March 04, 2011, 09:50:37 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Lawrence, I have built many layouts that use either British, American or Japanese models but my object with this layout is to be original and different.

To be honest Dave, with your "custom" locos you could come up with a new model railway concept, your own custom locos & rolling stock, an imaginary location, all based or the original railroad concepts but with an oldrailbug twist.  I love to see innovation and quirky things in our hobby, I believe it reinvigorates the mind and makes one more open to new ideas  :thumbsup:

quinntopia

Wow...I'm really surprised by the diversity here, all of its interesting stuff!  oldrailbug...really like your creativity expressed through how you re-fashion these locomotives!  As another poster commented, its totally within the bounds of reason!  I have two older Minitrix U30cg's that I often think of putting the dremel to and making them into a single double-ended (i.e. cab on both ends) locomotive with a similar backstory in mind.

As for my, I primarily buy European...I seem to be gravitating towards French, Dutch and (what little there is) Belgian locomotives.  I'm sorely tempted to get some Italian locomotives.  I've also got quite a bit of Japanese and a Class 150 DMU i recently picked up!  I really like trains!  Like someone else mentioned, you see these 'little works of art' and its hard for me to say 'no'!   :)

haeckmaen

Quote from: quinntopia on March 17, 2011, 03:49:55 AM
As for my, I primarily buy European...I seem to be gravitating towards French, Dutch and (what little there is) Belgian locomotives.

Hi quinntopia, full marks for Belgium! Great variety of diesels for such a small country. It's a shame Kato doesn't do its magnificent Nohab in any SNCB version that would IMO be one of the nicest continental diesels ever. If they'd do I'd be in. For conversions of Belgium locos see here:
http://www.raw-nette.de/h_nohab.htm

Here's a list of all Belgium models in N gauge (language is Flaams, but there are pics and numbers ;) )
http://fbn1920.be/belgische-n-modellen

Happy modelling,
Matthias

cookiescrumble

May aswell introduce myself, many of you may know me from other forums.  :wave:

My names Paul, I've been modelling N gauge now for 4 years but have nothing to show for it  :smiley-laughing:.

My new layout, Moorings Way, is a Modern era layout set in a fictional location just north of Birmingham on the West Coast Main Line. Although it will be based on a Modern Setting, I will run whatever I want! I love some of the older BR liveries including the sectorisation liveries. Also, don't be suprised to see the odd steam special  ;D.

moogle

As some of you may already know, I'm modelling Edwardian London.
I'm also helping build a 1950's/60's BR layout set on the North Wales Coast with my local club.
At home my other layout that I'm slowly building is a 1950's branchline somewhere in South West Ireland.

I only work on one of mine at a time so progress is very slow. I'll put more in the Layout construction thread.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

darren.c

well i have just started collecting stock for my first n gauge layout after 15 years of modelling 00 the layout is based around the Birmingham
so far i have
150/1 x4 in centro livery
2 class 37 soon to become DRS 37/6s
few coaches for conversion to network rail coaches
and few wagons for the freight workings i want to do
plus my wish list is a bit long at the moment that needs to be cut down a bit lol
daz   

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations