Modern Signal Box.

Started by Oldman, January 17, 2013, 06:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

ReBeginner

Yes I'm wading through the SmartModels posts but, can you tell me your experience of them, this signal box, please?
I've a need for loads of buildings but am both cost conscious and aware of my modelling limitations.
Regards and thanks,
David
ReBeginner
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

Jerry Howlett

I have built the freebee old signal box from Smart models and adapted one as well. The steps were bit fiddly so I used pre made plastic. See his customer gallery.  However the new one looks simpler and the steps look far easier. Trouble is its a bit too modern for me but for £2.99 I may build one anyway!

Just bought it I will let you know!
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

scotsoft

Quote from: ReBeginner on March 12, 2013, 06:49:31 PM
Yes I'm wading through the SmartModels posts but, can you tell me your experience of them, this signal box, please?
I've a need for loads of buildings but am both cost conscious and aware of my modelling limitations.
Regards and thanks,
David
ReBeginner

The beauty of these buy and print out models is you can print them again if you botch your first attempt.  There are a few sites that give you a free building or two to print out and hone your building skills on so only costing you some ink and a few sheets of card.  Try those till you feel confident and hapy with your finished efforts.

http://www.scalescenes.com/

cheers John.

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

ReBeginner

Thanks Jerry, looks good, but as you mention, rather modern - suppose it could become a bit art deco though, but not on my ruralised era 5 layout - got to lay the track any road up
Regards
David
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations