Quick reply box missing

Started by Ed, March 21, 2024, 09:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 21, 2024, 10:16:01 PM
Quote from: njee20 on March 21, 2024, 07:07:49 PMI've never used a forum where you have to look for the reply box!

Not sure what 'looking for' actually means. Shirley you just click on 'Reply' :confused1:  :confused1:

It's not there on mobile. This is all you get. You have to click "user actions" and then reply from there. Didn't occur to me to look there. At first I thought the thread I was reading had been locked

Seems like the desktop experience is better.

chrism

Quote from: lil chris on March 21, 2024, 10:09:56 PMThe quick edit button is not working either, noticed that yesterday.

I noticed that yesterday too - but I wasn't sure if there was a time out on it which had been exceeded.

Bealman

Yes, the mobile is doing funny things, and that's where I am most of the tme.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bigmac

i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Tank

Hello all,

I asked NGF Tech to get rid of the Quick Reply box and revert back to how the forum used to be. 

I had lots of members complaining that options are missing in the Quick Reply (they were supposed to be watered down), and I also didn't like the text telling members to go to the main Reply button to insert photos.  Lots of people didn't understand that, and it looked terrible with the writing appearing there.

So, this is how it is.  Back to how it was.   :)   Apologies to those who don't like it, but it's just reverted back to how it used to be before the upgrade some months back.

chrism

Quote from: Bigmac on March 22, 2024, 07:58:12 AMwho am i replying to ?

If you want to be clear that you're replying to a particular member/post rather than a general reply, then that's what the "Quote" button is for.

njee20

Quote from: Tank on March 22, 2024, 09:42:35 AMSo, this is how it is.  Back to how it was.  :)  Apologies to those who don't like it, but it's just reverted back to how it used to be before the upgrade some months back.

But there always used to be somewhere to type your reply below the last post. I'm not fussed about quick reply/full reply, but it was always there. Obviously we'll get used to it, but it will definitely confuse people as it is.

Tank

Grassyfield

Thing about not having quick reply means you have to get in to a whole new window just to reply and it is slightly discouraging in terms wanting to just post a simple message and already have the messages you are replying to right there already with out a whole new window coming up then changing where the messages are on the screen.

Ill get used to it though.

njee20

Quote from: Tank on March 22, 2024, 02:16:59 PMThere really wasn't.  :)

Some weeks on, I've just had a minor epiphany on this. I always used to browse the forum on desktop regardless of device. Now it won't return the desktop version on mobile, hence my having not realised the experience used to been the same on mobile!  :doh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations