Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Quote from: paulprice on January 28, 2019, 07:06:20 PM
We are very lucky to have the NHS

As somebody who has not long became a father for the first time, ahmen to that!

@GroupC ; hears to your friends continued passage along a difficult road, but ultimately to recovery. He has a great friend in you and my positive thoughts!

Skyline2uk

paulprice

The chaps at the NHS did not give up on me, and kept the fella with the scythe away from me on a few occasions

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on January 28, 2019, 09:07:12 PM
The chaps at the NHS did not give up on me, and kept the fella with the scythe away from me on a few occasions

Likewise. I had nightmares for over a year afterwards but I won't hear a word said against the hands on ladies and gents of the NHS

paulprice

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 28, 2019, 09:47:06 PM

Likewise. I had nightmares for over a year afterwards but I won't hear a word said against the hands on ladies and gents of the NHS
Nightmares for that long, its been just over two weeks since I got out and I'm having nightmares every night. I've not really slept since I got out

daveg

About six years ago my kidneys stopped due, in the main, to quite nasty food poisoning.

Blues and twos to A&E, the main guy warned that I could be on dialysis forever.

Somehow and with a load of powerful meds, some weeks later I was sent home fully functional with the farewell of 'You're the best result we've had this year.'

Can't forget that and those that dug me out of a very deep hole.

Humbling.

Dave G

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on January 28, 2019, 09:51:45 PM

Nightmares for that long, its been just over two weeks since I got out and I'm having nightmares every night. I've not really slept since I got out

Chin up, PP.

Promise it will get better.  ;)

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on January 28, 2019, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: paulprice on January 28, 2019, 09:51:45 PM

Chin up, PP.

Promise it will get better.  ;)

Dave G

Its getting better :) my wound is seeping less so it must be on the mend and I can get around the ground floor of the house pretty well :)

JBQFC

i have just lost a third friend in less than a year  two under 50 and one under 30  :(

thebrighton

Unhappy but lucky up until now. I've bought many a chassis from Japan and all have arrived with no issues. For the first time a £26.00 purchase has come to the attention of HM Customs and a £13.20 fee is due. I know an £8 chunk is RM's fee but in total it's over 50% of the cost of the item :(

Newportnobby

Sadly I think rather than being unlucky this time, you've been lucky previously. It's the reason I stopped buying from Japan and the States.

guest311

I agree, just think you've been lucky so far.

wouldn't dare to suggest HMRC been set new targets  :-[

I've been very lucky with many kits etc for wargames, and ummmm[ SWMBO might see this, so will not commit details] one or two Cl37s  :angel: over the years, and only got the dreaded duty once.

OK, I don't mind the duty, what annoys the hell out of me is that Royal Snail charges me £8 for me to drive to their depot, always one you can't walk / get a bus to, to pay them to take the duty.

why can't HMRC just e-mail me, let me pay the duty on line, and cut out the robbing b******s at RM ?

RailGooner

Quote from: class37025 on February 02, 2019, 02:11:59 PM
why can't HMRC just e-mail me, let me pay the duty on line, and cut out the robbing b******s at RM ?

Because the good ship RM is sinking quickly enough as it is. Without little earners like this to help bailout a little, they'd be sunk already. :D

Snowwolflair

Quote from: RailGooner on February 02, 2019, 03:00:59 PM
Quote from: class37025 on February 02, 2019, 02:11:59 PM

Because the good ship RM is sinking quickly enough as it is. Without little earners like this to help bailout a little, they'd be sunk already. :D

I may be wrong but I believe RM handles it as a delegated customs function and their "markup" pays for the customs shed and to employ dedicated RM staff.  so its the government that are dodging the cost of processing them at customs.

themadhippy

Today im unhappy being back in the uk were its a cold,2C outside,and being charged £4  for a pint,compared to yesterdays 34C and 8000 kip(80p) for a pint.Heating is on full bore and im still cold were as yesterday the AC was on full bore and i was still sweating.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Delboy

Quote from: themadhippy on February 02, 2019, 05:22:04 PM
Today im unhappy being back in the uk were its a cold,2C outside,and being charged £4  for a pint,compared to yesterdays 34C and 8000 kip(80p) for a pint.Heating is on full bore and im still cold were as yesterday the AC was on full bore and i was still sweating.

Interested to know where you have been?
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations